Chapter 6- Memories Part 2

Start bij het begin

“Then how are you certain he is supernatural?” Severus challenged me. I could not be sure if his question was oppositional or if he was simply curious, not that it mattered of course.

I dragged my eyes away from the boy’s, stood upright, and turned to look at Severus from over my shoulder.

“I have no certain evidence as of yet, but I hope, as your conversation with him continues, something may come up,” I said cheerfully to my companion. “So far my only clue is he is too perfect.”

Severus grunted, and I knew he wholeheartedly agreed with me- few would disagree, except perhaps a Veela.

I then turned back to the boy and wished he would look at Severus so I could see his full profile. Nevertheless, I had already formed some conclusions based on his side profile, and decided to share my observations with Severus.

“He is unnaturally attractive, isn’t he?” I muttered as I peered at him. “Somewhat reminiscent of a Veela, but he does not possess the blonde hair associated with their species, and of course, he is not female,” I added with a chuckle.

“Could he be a related species of the Veela?” Severus suggested, and I was glad that he was willing to share his ideas with me; two heads are always better than one after all.

I nodded my head. “He could be,” I agreed, but for some strange reason, I felt it unlikely. “His eyes are unusually bright and unblemished,” I observed further as I leaned part way onto the bench to study them again. “No odd flecks or different shades of gold around his irises. They are otherwise human-like,” I allowed, “except the mere fact that they lack the imperfections that all humans, including wizards, have.”

Finally the boy turned towards Severus and asked: “What are you trying to forget?”

Despite my prior intentions to comprehend every word that was shared between them, I was ashamed to realise that all my attention had been absorbed with the boy’s appearance. Nevertheless, the boy’s question seemed strange to me, and thus engendered my attention. I momentarily grieved over missing the context from which the boy’s question arose, but that was soon forgotten as I became absorbed with the boy’s appearance once again.

Front on, the boy’s face was, as far as my eyes could determine, completely symmetrical. His skin was smooth and undamaged. It was the purest colour of white without a single blemish or blush upon his face that was anything other than the very same shade of white.

“Did you ever touch his skin?” I asked Severus without looking at him.

“No,” Severus replied immediately as if my question was ridiculous. “Why?”

I turned to glance at him over my shoulder. “I wonder if it feels like skin-”

“Of course it’s skin,” Severus objected.

“In the functional sense, yes, but I doubt his skin feels or works the same way as ours does… it looks like marble,” I observed as I watched the dim lights in the bar reflect off of his ‘flesh’. I wished I could touch him to see if my guess was correct.

“Perhaps,” Severus dismissed.

I could tell Severus was losing interest in my hypotheses, so I decided to question him about his own opinion of the boy.

Turning around to face him, I asked: “What were your impressions when you first saw him?”

Severus looked at me seriously. “I felt his presence was almost God-like,” he muttered. “It is lost in the Pensieve, but his air seemed to reflect an invisible power-”