Chapter 2

I woke up to whispered voices. I looked around noticing I was in the hospital. 'Why was I in a hospital? Wait Why was I in the hospital bed?' Then it hit me. I must have been in a car crash... Marco? I sat up, to be laid back down by my mother. She looked like she was crying.

"Mum?" I asked weakly.

"Sweetie" She hugged me tightly. I winced, my back hurting shocking me.

"Sorry sweetie, it just you've been out for 8 weeks... I thought you'd never wake up and I'd never get to see you again... I'm just happy you're still here" She sniffled giving me a sad smile.

"W-what?" I shuttered, she just nodded. She sat on the edge of the bed her head in her hands.

"Sweetie..." She said softly. I looked at her worried. 'did something bad happen? What happened for 8 weeks? '

"What is it, mum?" I asked concerned.

"It's Marco." Her voice was soft slightly cracking with each word. My eyes widen. 'What happened to Marco? Is he okay? I need to see him. He must be worried. I hope he waited for me, I don't want to slap that cute face of his. I can't do this now. I'm way too emotional.'

"What happened?" I asked getting ready to hear the worst, and now thinking of the worst. My mother looked away still looking away.

"He didn't make it sweetie, I'm so sorry." She said.

I couldn't take it I just broke down. I didn't get to say goodbye. Or that I loved him. I'll never get see or hear from him again. He couldn't be gone it was so unfair. Every part of me wanted to get to say goodbye. Why did we have to have that stupid crush? Only a few seconds later and he'd still be alive, still be here with me.

I couldn't stop crying, my breathing was heavy, I just couldn't bear it. I needed him here with me. His warmth, his kindness, his everything.

My mother hugged me rubbing my back trying her best to do anything to make me feel better, to not break down, but nothing would work, it hurt too much.