Chapter- 11 Bomb

🕷️🕸️

Sero jogged down the street and called out, "Hey doll!"

Elise, flanked by Mui as well as all of her men, looked behind them to see the tall hero coming toward them.

"Ane-san?" one of the guards asked.

"Let him through," she chuckled. Sero stepped into their protective circle, so she asked, "What're you doing, sunshine?"

"You said your car is a bit of a way away from here, so I thought I'd walk you."

Elise looked at the numerous people stopping and gawking at them. "Sunshine-"

"Hey," Sero interlaced his big warm fingers with hers, and her heart skipped a surprised beat at someone touching her so intimately in public. She looked up into his big midnight black eyes and smiling face. "Don't worry about them, Eli. I don't care what they have to say about me as long as I get to be here with you."

The sound of a long wolf whistle completely shattered the growing warmth between the pair of ravenettes. "Damn, I wish I had my video out because that was simply beautiful."

Elise's orange eyes sliced to the side in time with every man near her pulling their weapon on the mysterious person lurking in the shadows. The hoodie-clad man walked far enough out of the darkness that the setting sun caught his hellfire blue eyes. He raised his hands lazily and chuckled, "Easy, easy. I come in peace."

"Oh, it's just you."

Everyone slowly debristled as Elise walked toward the shadows to converse with Dabi. "You wound me, flower. Where's the love?"

"How about you ask your boyfriend?"

Dabi's eyes turned to murderous slits in a heartbeat. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up with obvious intent in his crackling blue flames. "How do you know about that? Birdie tell you somethin'?"

"Do my eyes look like they're just for decoration? I saw you two flirt'n with one another at the last handoff."

"You wana talk about flirting?" Dabi nodded toward Sero, who was hovering protectively right behind Elise.

His scarred skin pulled up in a sinister smile as he brought hell to Sero's land of happiness by muttering, "I'm curious, what does ol bird beak Chisaki think about his precious little wife flirting with the new guy?"

Sero tried and tried again to blink away his shock, but his mind was constantly tripping that single syllable.

Wife.

Wife?

Wife?!?!

Elise could feel the panic wafting from the tall hero from behind her, yet she kept her focus on Dabi so that he wouldn't know how badly he had also rattled her by dropping that unwelcome bomb on her and Sero's budding whatever-relationship.

Expertly Eli stated plainly, "he's just my bodyguard, but you're welcome to tell Kai whatever you want because we both know he won't listen to a word you say, Dabi. At the end of the day it'll come down to your word versus mine, and who do you think he'll believe?"

"Bet he'll believe that tight pretty cunt every time." Dabi laughed raspily as he took a deep inhale of smoke. His blue eyes flashed up at Sero before he blew that plume of smoke right in his face. "Careful stilts, I'd hate for you to get overhauled because you're caught with the big bad's wife."