Chapter 24: Back to School

Depuis le début

"What time is it?" He decided to ask even though he could have looked at the clock. Hey, he didn't feel like figuring it out from the hands right now, ok?

"About 5 am."

"...school starts in 3 hours."

Aizawa grunted in affirmation before a short silence followed. They knew each other well enough to know that they both had the same train of thought. Izuku glanced at the doors to the hospital halls.

"When will the nurses be back?"

"They just left a few minutes before you woke up."

"Shouldn't back for a while then...."

"We still have our gear over there."

"Hmm...Looks like we are on the second floor, how much weight can your scarf handle?

"Should be able to take us both, you weigh nothing anyways."

"Hey!" Izuku squawked indignantly.

"It's true Problem Child, come on."

Together, they quickly, but silently, began to take off and turn off the machinery before heading over to their hero gear. Both had been washed, some parts were brand new, and Izuku would rather show up in his hero outfit than not at all. But then he found a school uniform and his backpack that had been left on the bus underneath it.

Aizawa raised a brow while Izuku shrugged and pulled it out to find a note.

Dear Megumi,

I know Aizawa and you will be coming back to school early, despite Shuzenji's orders for bedrest. You may as well come in uniform. Please come to my office after classes as well, I wish to speak with you.

Your Principal,

Nezu

Izuku stared at the letter in shock. Ok so he wasn't surprised the principal read both him and Aizawa's actions, but what did they need to talk about? Did he figure out he was Rabbit? Or maybe he found out he was homeless. Yui had taken the call as his 'relative' and apparently checked up on him before he woke up but maybe... He sighed. Whatever, he would deal with that later.

Passing the note to a curious Aizawa, Izuku grabbed his uniform and rushed to the small bathroom to change. Even if bandages covered most of his scars, Izuku was a bit self-conscious and didn't want to be questioned. 

When he exited, Aizawa was dressed as well and passed back the note. "Of course the rat knew we'd do this." He sighed. "Alright, there is a tree right outside, can you make the jump?"

Izuku joined his teacher by the window and smirked.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand."

~ ~ ~

Hitoshi watched as Aizawa walked into the classroom right as the bell rung. The previously semi-peaceful classroom shattered.

"Sensei what are you doing back so soon?"

"I thought we had a sub?"

"You look like a mummy"

"QUIET"

Aizawa glared at the classroom with red eyes making them immediately shrink back. No one spoke while the teacher made his way to the front of the room. Hitoshi did send his dad a questioning brow, but only got a small shrug in response.

Ignoring the nosy kids, Aizawa glanced over them. "Your fight isn't over yet."

The class tensed while Hitoshi suppressed a smirk, knowing Aizawa well enough by this point.