Nova (Inner Truths Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"What?! She brought him back." He shrugged.

"So your powers aren't just for destroying stuff." Kevin mused.

"Another thing about being me is that... surprise I'm not immortal." Nova spoke and they all spat out their drinks in shock. "Told you it was a surprise." She giggled.

"Wait a minute, you are literally part of the most perfect and universally powerful beings in every known galaxy and you aren't immortal?!" Kevin's jaw dropped.

"Well, that's the thing...I'm not perfect, the combination of two species like my parents caused a sort of genetic mutation to occur during my gestation period. The biology of my parents were literally too different to be compatible when making me...but, I'm not upset about it, I mean that just makes life so much more thrilling!" She floated up to the ceiling of her room.

"So how long do you live for?" Ben asked.

"I don't know...isn't that like that whole value of life you humans go on and on about to sate the feeling of your impeding death." She mused as she hung upside down closing in on his face, before she flipped over and made herself comfortable on his lap.

"When I die, I want my stars to give life to new galaxies and worlds, to harbour life for generations to come." She sighed.

"Well, you've certainly made peace with death." Kevin hummed.

"Haven't you guys, you know considering your line of work and everything." She shrugged and it went silent for a bit. "Hmm, guess not back to the story then, I'll save you the boring bit and get to the part when I met the alien who I believed was my friend, listen my dear companions to the tale which left a vulnerable--!"

"Alright, alright we get it moving on." Kevin booed.

"Savage." She pouted.

****

One day when I was traversing through space.

"As usual."

Shut up, kevin!

As I was saying I was just minding my own business, bored out of my mind when some rando alien pulls up on me.

A massive ship overshadows the young Nova as she stared blankly towards it. This one was not like the others, inatead of giving her a warning to get out of the way the pulled out their weapons without a second thought.

"If they want to fight, then it's only fair that I amuse them right?" She muttered as she raised her hand to create a black hole to suck them all out of existence. Their blasters or lasers charged up and fired at her but all was useless as she waited out their pointless struggles.

"We surrender."

Her ears perked at the words that echoed from the ship and she clenched her hand to stop the black hole from getting any bigger and she held a smaller version in her hand...just in case, not that she needed it.

A scout ship made it's way towards her and it started to project a figure, a large green alien man looked at her.

"Please, forgive our disturbance. My subordinate had no idea that were in the presence of ome such as yourself. If it satisfies you, you may do of him what you will."