Chap 1: Apartment War.

I made my way around the town, looking for an affordable-looking apartment. I am poor now, as poor as a church mouse from running away from my ridiculously rich family for the sake of my freedom. Was it worth it? All the trouble? Definitely, that's what i would answer even if i was asked the same thing a billion times. 

I notice a purple figure standing to the side of the entrance door looking at his phone. Usually, one would make up various reason not to bother the man standing by himself and on his cell phone by asking if he was the owner of the apartment. But i wasn't going to waste any time, i approached the man and straightforwardly asked without a single second of hesitation. 

"Are you the owner of this apartment?" I said, catching his attention as he finally looks away from his phone. 

"Yeah, you want to rent a room?" He asked me. He spoke fast with a hint of hurriedness in his voice, i nodded lightly to his question. It was a quick conversation, business waits for no body and i was no exception. 

"Alright, follow me. We have one room left and that's your only choice." He gestured me to come in. My first impression of the apartment made me rethink my choices, it was larger inside than i had expected. I could only hope that the room wasn't too costly, otherwise i would have to spend much more time looking for other apartments in hope that i can get a somewhat fine room to live in without having to worry about the old ceiling collapsing on me.. that's right, old, rundown apartments gives me nightmares so horrifying i wish i was the most insomniac man in the world. 

He stopped at the corner, pointed at the room next to a window with no number carved on it just like the rest of the other rooms. As soon as i was about to open the door to check the insides of the room, i was startled by a scream from the other side of the hall. I turned my head to see a guy dressed in grey almost from head to toe, the only noticeable thing that wasn't greyish about his body is his head. 

"WAIT!" He shouted. How rude, i gave him a frown for raising his voice over nothing. The guy breathed heavily for a second while we all started at eachother out of pure awkwardness. 

"I need that room.." He said, with even more attitude that before. It somewhat irritated me as i continued to glare at him, the guy did the same to me. An intense pressure fills the room, so much even the apartment owner could feel it as well, and he certainly didn't want to get involved into this. 

"Well, you two decide who gets the room then." The owner walked backwards away, giving me and my "new friend" some space to settle this awkwardness. 

"THE ROOM.."

"IS MINE!" We both said it, the exact same words at the exact same time. 

"I said it's mine.." He growled, cracking his neck from side to side. 

"Well i was here first, douchebag." I replied, stretching my shoulders. 

"THE ROOM IS MINE!"  We both said it once again, the exact same words at the exact same moment. He rushed at me immediately after knowing that nothing would settle this conflict better than a good ol' match of boxing. 

I was reckless, not making the first move nor raise my guard caused me to receive a punch that blew me through the door behind me that led outside where the owner had used to escape. 

I was not going to make that blunder again, i thought while getting off the ground. The guy once again charged at me with a blue sphere in his palm, possibly made from magic. In the blink of an eye, i moved to the side and hammered him to the ground with a straight punch, countering against his attack. 

He looked up, throwing a punch aimed at my- i was pushed back by the punch which i thought was aimed at there, luckily he wasn't crazy enough to hit another guy in THAT spot of the body because the punch was aimed at my stomach. 

The guy sprinted at me from the ground with a sword with black and white textures appearing in his hand, swinging it at my face. I dodged to the side while stepping away from his range. 

I haven't fully mastered my superpower yet, or to be exact.. i haven't mastered my CURSE yet. No matter what i try, the demonic blade just won't appear. I had to dodge his next flurry of slashes and thrusts using all the strength of my legs then gifted him a right hook that sent him flying at the wall. 

Hah! Take that, you little- the sword he dropped flew right back into his hands as he unleashes a bright flying white slash at me, i managed to avoid it before noticing three more slashes coming my way as i was left without a choice but to block them, getting blown away as they make contact. 

I dashed to him, immediately launching punches with all my might, not caring if they would bleed when gazed by his sword or not. Though, that recklessness had to change soon enough as i was caught in his thrust, i had to sway back to not receive that fatal blow. 

The man immediately took his chance and darted at me just to get his next attack parried and his sword flying away. 

"Heh, can you go on?!" I asked, mockingly. 

"Yes, I CAN!" He replied, loudly, almost as if he was screaming at my face before he formed another sphere in his hand and slammed it onto my torso. I was blown back by the attack, trying to retaliate i notice him disappearing from my sight, attacking me from behind then the front so fast i couldn't simply just react to it. 

I opened my eyes widely and put all my senses to use, finally getting a hook landing on his jaws. We both staggered back, breathing heavily in exhaustion but we soon proved otherwise by rushing in and exchanging attacks for another while. 

His sword once again appeared out of thin air in his hands as he slices me in a straight line from my stomach to my chest followed by a slash from above aimed at my head. 

For a moment, my blood pumped and my legs moved by themselves in a rush dodging out of death's grasps. 

"W-WHAT TH-" He yelped in shock, but was interrupted by me sending another punch at his face that sent him flying to the wall. The guy immediately rose up and retaliated with the biggest, most powerful blue sphere he could've made, i charged at it and sends a punch directly into the sphere as it explodes upon contact. We both fall onto our backs, pretty much.. paralyzed. 

"..Wanna share the room..?" He asked. 

"Yea." I said lightly. This really wasn't worth all the trouble.. 

"My name's AFK, you..?" He said, making an effort to get to know me. 

"James." 

END OF CHAP 1.