Part 2

That night wasn't the first time I dreamed about Pom-Pom, it wasn't the first time I thought about him. Guilt began to gnaw at the remains of my soul before I even came forward with my request. I took advantage of him, even though he was my lifeline on the train. He was interested in my opinion, listened to my thoughts, and often stopped his work to stop and talk to me. He was kind to me and yet I asked him to do something that was far from his nature.

"How will Pom-Pom know when the time will come?" he asked, while our gaze was lost among the stars. I smiled, trying to ease her flaring anxiety.

"I'll let you know. But only you, no one else can know about it." And how could Pom-Pom be sure that he will receive the right signal at the right time?

"I believe in you, you should also believe in yourself" I turned my gaze towards him "so, will you promise me that you won't let them follow me? No matter what March or Dan Heng ask, whatever Mr. Welt is up to, they can't come after me until I signal you"

"Pom-Pom isn't sure about that," the Express guide clasped his paws behind his back. He stretched out next to me and couldn't blame me for it. I was equally uncomfortable with the favor, but I couldn't let anyone see that I wasn't sure what I was up to.

"Pom-Pom's word is not worth much.

"To me, they mean more than anything" I smiled at him "but if it would make you feel better, we can make a pinky swear"

"Pinky swear? Pom-Pom doesn't know what Stelle means by this"

"This is just an expression I learned from people a long time ago... in Belobog"

"Pom-Pom remembers Stelle's friends from there! Sometimes they visited the Express and praised Pom-Pom's energy at work..."

I woke up, I didn't have to relive everything I did that night in my dream through my memories. I have made one of my most honest friends swear an oath that he cannot break, and the fact that no one has followed me for nearly ten days, I suppose he will keep his promise. For now, at least. There was silence around me, except for Kafka's whimpering. Dim lights were burning in the room and in the corridor as well, a sigh of relief left my chest, since I didn't have to talk to the Stellaron Hunter next to me. My eyes were drawn to the screen of her phone on her lap as it flashed in the dark. Not wanting to rummage through her things, I found myself carefully removing the device from her lap after making sure the woman in the chair was indeed asleep.

"The number does not exist. It is not possible to send messages to this number."

I was surprised to see the message, I wasn't expecting an automatic text. I clicked on the pop-up window, wanting to know which of his co-workers wanted to cut her off, and even though I expected that I wouldn't be able to learn more about the other party because of the access codes, I was left breathless when the conversation simply unfolded before my eyes. Would Kafka be so irresponsible that she doesn't provide a password for her stuff? I doubted it, but still, I could even scroll back through her messages.

,,Me: You're late. You should have arrived 36 minutes ago.

Unknown: But someone is impatient, I'm in a hurry, I promise.

Me: ... "

I was caught by the curiosity to whom Kafka could have spoken in such a tone, I didn't really know this side of her and I didn't think that he would be so kind to any of her colleagues. I started scrolling through the conversation, I didn't read the conversation coherently, I didn't have that much time or desire to do so. Also, I was still intruding on her privacy and I was aware of it.

"Unknown: We're going through N'gherton next week.

Me: How lucky that I organized a trip there for next week.