"it doesn't bother you guys?" we both turn to look at anika.

"i mean, being at a house party after you were almost brutally murdered.. at a house party?"

mindy lays her head back on the couch, "no i think of it like being struck by lightning." anika confusedly nods her head, trying to understand what mindy was saying.

"the odds of it happening twice to the same person are extremely low." mindy smiles.

anika scoots closer to her, "well i guess i should stay close to you then." mindy pulls her leg on top of her lap.

"and this is my cue to leave." i giggle as i get up from the couch, they were cute together but i did not want to be a third wheel.

"see you later!" i hear mindy say behind me.

as i'm looking around the place trying to find something that can keep me entertained in the mean time being here, i spot chad, my brother, and ethan in a random corner.

i lock eyes with ethan and we both smile at one another, the truth is we've known each other the past six months since we moved here, but we weren't close. we would exchange looks and smile a lot, and there was tension alright, but neither of us had the guts to talk.

i move my gaze away from him and look down at the floor, slightly blushing. i've never dated anyone before. i've only had my first kiss but that was really it, i didn't have an actual relationship.

flashback:

"i really like her Y/N." wes sighs as we're both sitting on his bed, as he tells me about his crush on tara.

"you should tell her." i reply.

"i don't think it's a good time though, she just got attacked, and now that sam is back she already has a lot going on." he expresses as he runs a hand through his blonde rooted hair.

"give her space then, and just be there for her. once we put an end to all of this and figure out who's behind this shit, that's when you go for the shot." i try to reassure him.

he fidgets his fingers, "what if i'm not alive to see the end though?" he lowly states.

i'm looking at him confused now, "what are you talking about? of course you will, none of us are going anywhere. not while we fight back."

for a second he didn't say anything.

i didn't notice him staring at me, as he starts to lean in and suddenly, his lips come in contact with mine. i was in shock, as i slowly gave in and kissed back for a few moments till i pulled away.

"what's wrong?" he worriedly asks.

"you have feelings for tara, i can't do this." i quickly get up and leave.

"Y/N, wait!" he calls after me, but i don't bother turning around. that was the last time we talked to each other.

end of flashback

and the following day wes and his mom were murdered. i will never forget arriving to his house and seeing cop cars everywhere, and the body bags.

he was my second best friend i was close to after tara, his death is something i don't think i'll ever get over. even till this day i randomly think about him and tear up. i will never forgive amber and richie for all the pain they've caused me and my friends. i'm so glad they got what they fucking deserved.

snapping out of my thoughts, i look at a random direction and see a drunk tara walking away with some frat boy. oh no, nothing positive ever comes out of these type of situations.