"y-you still love me, right mama?" he asked, wiping his eyes with the sleeves of the hoodie.

"of course, i will always love you, baby.. but don't think i can accept this. i might have to think on it, i won't tell your dad, but you only have a couple of weeks until i let him know." she sighed, running her hand down her face. "i had a long day of work today, i just wanna go to bed. i don't want you talkin' to that boy anymore, him and his brother ain't nothing but trouble and you know it." she stated before getting out of the car, shutting the door behind her.

when she shut the door, yamari felt his heart physically shatter. he couldn't do anything but cry at the moment. the talk that he just had with his mother really felt like a huge slap in the face. he didn't know why but he felt like his relationship with his mother would soon change, along with his father's.

yamari picked up his phone and immediately went to facetime kayden. he felt like kayden was the only one who knew how to comfort him at the moment. of course he would've went to his dad, but that would probably make the situation worse.

"heyyyy, baby!" kayden yelled into the phone, smiling as his face was all up in the camera. his smile quickly fell once he noticed yamari's eyes were filled with tears. "what's wrong? it went bad?" kayden asked, yamari nodding his head.

"damn, i'm sorry, mari. what all did she say?"

"she told me that she still loved me but she doesn't know if she can a-accept me.. and she said i only have a couple of weeks to tell my dad." yamari sniffled, trying to wipe his tears. "a-and she said i can't see you no more."

"oh.." kayden trailed off, wondering if he should just obey yamari's mothers rules or go against them. to kayden it seemed like he was to problem, he thought maybe if he just left yamari alone then everything would be okay in his life again. "well, i don't wanna make anything worse than i already have, mari." he said.

"please don't tell me that. ion wanna lose you too, kay."

"mmcht, you not finna lose me as long as i got a say in it. i'm just sayin' we can't be as close anymore. ion want yo' momma to think i'mma bad influence on you cause me and you both know i'm not." kayden explained as he set his phone up so yamari could see him playing the game.

"so what does that mean?"

"just be normal friends, i guess. so no touchy touchy feely feely." he shrugged.

"o-okay.. you ever found out why the police was at your door?" yamari asked as he wiped his eyes, his tears finally stopping.

"oh yea, my momma got murdered." kayden said, sounding nonchalant about what he had just said. it caught yamari off guard causing him to gasp.

"kayden, you dead serious?" yamari frowned as he felt more tears about to come out.

"yea, i was wondering where that lady was, turns out she dead." kayden explained. "i'm not really surprised though. me and my brother knew it was gon' happen eventually. i just really.. didn't expect it to be so soon, i guess. i'm not gon say ian gon' miss her, but i guess she kinda did deserve it in a way." he mumbled before looking back down at his phone to see yamari wiping his eyes again.

"ain't no way in hell you crying over that." kayden chuckled as he seen more tears come down yamari's face.

"that's so sad, i am so so sorry, kay."