Chapter 17

I opened my eyes, feeling Rain's arms tight around me and his face nuzzled into my hair. I looked at the clock and knew most of the family would be sleeping in, so I laid, listening to Rain's soft purrs. I smiled, knowing I would see Sodo today. I grabbed my phone and opened the camera, smiling lazily, trying not to cringe at my bed head as I took a picture. I opened Sodo's contact and sent him the picture, not expecting to get reply within a minute's notice. I giggled quietly, seeing him in a pile of sleeping ghouls. Aether was on one side, an arm over his stomach, Swiss on the other with his hand resting on his chest, I saw 2 horns poking in the picture and assumed it was Mountain. He had a scowl on his face, acting as if he was pissed off. 

-Aweeee! That's so cuteeeeee!🥺

-No it's not. It's annoying. 😒

-You looveee them! 🥰

I sent the message, giggling to myself. 

"What's so funny?" Rain mumbled. I turned over onto my back, showing Rain the conversation. Rain only smiled, closing his eyes again. 

"It's soon going to be 7. Gotta be at the airport at 7:45." I said, moving out of his grasp and standing up, stretching with a yawn. He groaned, his horns disappearing.

"We get to go home today!" I smiled, walking towards the door.

"Where's my kiss?" He pouted, sitting up. I giggled, quickly settling myself on his lap and smashing my lips against his. He pulled away after a couple seconds, chuckling.

"Stop. You're gonna get me hard." I only laughed, standing back up and opening the door, sneaking across the hall into my room. I quickly dressed and made sure I wouldn't leave anything behind before stepping out of my room, setting my bag outside my door. I went downstairs and seen only mom downstairs. 

"Sleep well?" She yawned, handing me a cup of coffee. 

"I did, thanks." I nodded, looking back at the clock. I heard Rain coming down the stairs, bringing down both our bags. 

"Ready go soon?" I asked, seeing him shrug tiredly. 

"I'm sure you both are ready to sleep in your own beds, huh?" Mom chuckled. 

"Praise God." Rain mumbled, walking out of the kitchen. I let out a cackle, pretty sure Rain was too tired to really comprehend what he was saying. 

"Well, I'll go start the car and let you two get ready." Mom said, walking over to the key rack and grabbing the keys. 

"Thanks." I nodded with a yawn. Rain came back into the kitchen as mom walked out the door, holding back a yawn. 

"We're going to see Sodo again today!" I smiled, Rain sighing. 

"I want to go home and be able to sleep in the same bed with you and Sodo and never have to worry about this again." He mumbled, taking my coffee from my hand and taking a long gulp. 

"Yea, me too, but there is always next year. Never know what is going to be happening next year." I shrugged, making Rain groan. 

"But that is a whole year away. Let's not think about that now." I smiled, making Rain nod. 

"Alright." He sighed. 

It wasn't long till we were on the road, this time I was sitting in the front seat since no one else was coming. 

"It was great having you both for Thanksgiving. Especially you, Cosmo!" My mom smiled, looking in the rearview mirror to Rain. 

"Thanks for having me." He nodded with a tired smile. 

"When you get back, I'd like to get your mom number." She spoke, with a smile. Rain paled, looking to me as I looked out the windshield. 

"Cosmo doesn't have a mom, actually." I said quickly. 

"Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry!" My mom quickly said. 

"Oh, no it's fine. I was adopted by a church ministry. I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters. We were all adopted too, of course." Rain quickly said. I let out a silent sigh of relief, knowing it was mostly true. 

"Oh, that's nice! I can see why Alyson would want to spend Christmas with your family!" My smiled, Rain nodding. 

It seemed like forever until we got onto the plane. Rain was sleeping as soon as the plane took off, and I wasn't too far behind. Finally, I leaned my head on Rain's shoulder, drifting to sleep. It was a long flight back but sleeping helped shorting it. Rain and I spent the time either talking amongst ourselves or doing something on our phones. My heart raced in excitement as I heard the plane was about to land. Once the plane landed, we were quick to get off and into the airport. I could tell by the way everyone was bundled up, New York was cold, even without snow. 

"I think Sodo is probably out in the truck waiting for us." Rain said as we grabbed our luggage. We went outside and saw Rain's pickup sitting in the parking. The wind nipped at us, making me shiver as we approached the truck. We opened up the back door and tossed the luggage in before Rain opened the passenger door, the middle console up so I could sit in the middle. 

"Hi." Sodo smiled as I climbed in, Rain beside me. 

"I see you got out of the little pile you were in!" I giggled, Rain shutting the door with a shiver. 

"Just for that, no kiss." Sodo smirked, leaning over me and giving Rain a soft kiss, making the water ghoul blush. 

"What, no, no!" I gaped at Sodo as he put the truck in gear. 

"You decided to be mean to me, sooo..." Sodo shrugged with a smile, pulling out onto the road. I pouted, sitting back in my seat and crossing my arms. I knew he was joking, but it still hurt of course. Within minutes we were home. We hurried inside, trying to stay outside as little as possible with the terrifyingly cold wind. I sighed with happiness as we walked into my front door, the smell of home surrounding me. I gasped as I was pulled into Sodo's arms, his lip ghosting over mine before he kissed me. It was short and sweet, yet somehow still took my breath away. 

"Now we can stay home till Christmas, right?" Sodo asked as we went upstairs to my room. 

"Yup." I nodded, chuckling with relief. "I forgot how overwhelming family gatherings can be." I sighed. 

"Well, you both are home now, so, there is no more worrying about that for awhile." Sodo smiled as I set my suitcase on the bed, flipping it open. I separated the clean and the dirty laundry and put the clean away, then the dirty in the hamper. 

"I feel so damn tired." Rain mumbled with a yawn. 

"Me too. It's jet lag." I spoke as I put my suitcase away. 

"You guys can sleep as much as you want, I won't complain." Sodo laughed, watching Rain quickly change into some comfy clothes and climbing in bed. 

"Good." He rumbled, his ghoul form coming out and small purrs filling the room. I soon went downstairs, going into the kitchen and getting a glass of water. 

"Did he have a good time?" Sodo asked, coming into the kitchen. 

"I think so. He mainly played with the kids. I thought it was adorable." I smiled, thinking back on the memory. 

"He always was good with kids." Sodo chuckled. 

"Yea. I'm exhausted, I'm going up to bed." I sighed, leaving the kitchen, Sodo following behind me. We got up to my room and I changed into fuzzy pants and a hoodie then crawled into bed beside Rain, who was already sleeping soundly. Sodo then settled in beside me, his arm over my chest and his hand overlapping Rain's. I closed my eyes, hoping to ward off the approaching headache.