❀ Alhaitham & Kaveh: Who Did This to You?

Start from the beginning

Heck, why am I even staring at him right now?

The only response Kaveh gave me was a groan. He was semi-conscious. I have to act immediately.

I quickly took him to our shared bedroom, laying him down on his bed. My bed was closer to the door, but of course he wasn't dumb enough to think that I would let him bleed on my bed.

"Take off your top," I ordered him before I put on a pair of medical gloves.

He weakly untied the silly belt around his waist and lifted the hem of his top, exposing the nasty wound.

As I thought, it was a deep stab wound.

I grabbed the first aid kit that was under his bed. Why did we decide to put it there? Because the dummy always gets himself injured. He could be going out to get some fresh air and would somehow manage to get himself hurt. That idiot made it seem like the butterflies outside were armed with razor blades. However, he never got himself this badly injured before.

Maybe I should really stop bullying him and stop the heavy bleeding instead.. or not?

I placed his hand on a clean cloth. "I want you to keep doing this to stop the bleeding," I calmly said as I pressed his hand against the wound, earning a deep groan from Kaveh.

I poured some antiseptic solution on another clean cloth. "Now pull the cloth away," I ordered. Of course, I could be doing all of that myself, but I had to let him do it. He must do it. He must stay conscious.

After he had reluctantly obeyed, I pressed the wet cloth against the stab wound. Immediately, Kaveh's head titled back as cries and pleas came out of his parted lips.

I took a glance at him. A hand gripped the bedsheet, grimaced face, slightly arched back, and shaky breaths. Looks like I underestimated how badly he's in pain.

I lowered the wet cloth for a bit. I couldn't help but notice that Kaveh was tensing up badly, and his breathing was far far from stable.

Was it discomfort, fear, anxiety, or agony?

Or was it because I was touching him?

Well, could I really blame him? How would I feel if my annoying roommate saw me in such a vulnerable state?

I hummed in an attempt to relieve the unbearable tension in the room, my hand moving along the arch of his back.

"Is this how little you trust your roommate, Kaveh?" I whispered, a small smirk carving itself on my face. "Arching your back and not breathing properly when I'm being so gentle with you, huh?"

He glared at me in a way that could penetrate me. Groans interrupted his speech as he whispered, "And why... why would I-I trust you?"

I huffed. Was that his attempt to be kind with me?

With one of my hands on his back and the other over his defined abdomen, I gently pushed him down against the bed.

"Breathe, okay? Take deep breaths and tell me when to stop," I said, holding the wet cloth in my hand again and pressing it against his bleeding side.