Chapter 1

Michael Afton stood alone in the darkness of his bedroom, staring down at the cracked and faded photo of his father. William Afton, the man that had caused so much pain and destruction, a monster who had taken so much from his family and the world.

Michael had always known that what his father had done was wrong, but there was a part of him that still yearned for the acceptance and love that he had never truly received. In his darkest moments, he found himself thinking of the man that had caused him so much hurt and longing to hear his voice once more.

But now, as he stared at the image of his father, tears streamed down his face. It wasn't the memories of his father's crimes that caused him to cry, but the realization that the man he had idolized as a child was gone forever.

The William Afton he had thought he had known was nothing more than a facade, a monster hiding behind a mask of a loving father. And now that the mask had been shattered, all that remained was a broken man who had caused so much pain.

In that moment, Michael knew that the only way to move forward was to let go of his misguided love for his father and focus on the future. He wiped away his tears, took a deep breath, and promised himself that he would never let the darkness of his father's legacy consume him.

As he placed the photo back on his bedside table, Michael felt a weight lift off his shoulders. It was time to start a new chapter in his life, one that wasn't defined by the sins of his father.

And with that, he turned off the lights and laid down to rest peacefully for the first time in what felt like an eternity.