Prologue // Fighting Dirty

Start from the beginning

"Oh dear lord. May you guide my students hand to your favor, and help her lay this poor creature to rest. May you treasure her like I do to you. And may we continue to heal those cursed with the devil's blood."

The nun-like Demon Slayer prayed quietly, as the Demon eyed her in confusion. "She hasn't attacked me yet, so I'll continue to focus on my current opponent..."

The Demon's golden gaze squinted at the nun. Her white haired bangs that were visible from under her hood, contrasted her darker skin. And her ocean blue eyes sorrowfully watching the Demon reassured him of one crucial fact.

"...But she's dangerous. I need to keep an eye on her."

The axe covered Demon then returned his gaze to Kanaka, trembling in place, but waiting for the Demon's next move. Both the Demon and the Slayer, then eyed the copper blade sitting between the two.

"In the midst of any battle, even the slightest mistake, or miscalculation, can cost your own life." The Demon stated, as Kanaka looked back and forward between the sword, and the Demon. She was hesitant, but the hooded girl silently reached for something within her brown cloak.

"Will that be you?" The Demon questioned, as seconds passed in silence as the two stared each other down. Until the Demon suddenly pointed at the Slayer.

"Blood Demon Art: Kinetic Cell Eruption!"

Suddenly, with a loud band, the Demon's hand suddenly shot off like a bullet. The axe within his palm rocketed towards Kanaka's face, before she quickly dived forward. The blade cut right through the fabric of the hood, but only just scratched the scalp of Kanaka.

Blood sprouted out of Kanaka's head as she rolled forward, as her hood became undone. Very messy dark green hair sprung out, as Kanaka's face was fully lit now. Dark patches underneath her eyes contrasted her bright pink irises of adrenaline.

Tumbling on the ground, she snatched the copper coloured blade off the brick floor, before rushing at the axe-covered Demon, widening his golden eyes in surprise.

"You can do this... You can do this!" Kanaka reassured herself. "Just like Sister Mei taught..."

Raising the copper blade up as she neared the Demon, she inhaled deeply before striking.

"Direct the oxygen through your entire body... Every muscle... Every cell... and use that power..." Kanaka recalled her teachings as she looked up at her blade, picturing it shining like the stars that surrounded it.

"Use that power to cut him down!" She screamed internally, as she pictured her blade light up with the colors of the night sky.

"Star Breathing... Fourth Form... Glimmering Falling Skies!"

With a powerful diagonal slash, the bright and colorful shine of the blade trailed down towards the Demons neck, closer, and closer. Until that same loud bang was heard again.

Right before the blade could even reach the neck, a powerful, orange kinetic explosion erupted in his neck, separating head from body without being decapitated. Kanaka's pink eyes looked up in shock at the Demon's head, flying up in the sky.

"Nichirin metal is the only way to kill a Demon via decapitation..." Smugly stated the axe faced Demon. "But any other means is a nice failsafe for us, right?!"

Suddenly, the headless body swung its axe blade littered arm at the Demon Slayer, who barely blocked the overwhelming attack. "Shit!" Was all Kanaka could think, as she was swatted to the side, with a few blades cutting her.

Tumbling on the bricks, blood dripped from multiple parts of Kanaka's body, as she clutched her copper blade tight in her grasp. "That's... not fair..." She huffed out, trying to stabilize her breathing as the Demon's head dropped back onto its body. Shortly followed by the hand he shot earlier, return and attach back where it belonged.