Mash-Up

Lola froze in shock as Karoskfy tossed a slushie into Finns face, only for the quarter back to the lockers. "Screw you, Karofsky! You and your Neanderthal puck-heads are nothing!" Quinn shouted standing next to her boyfriend. Lola made her way over to two of her best friends. "You're gonna pay for this dude!" Finn spat, Lola linked arms with the blonde.

"No, I'm not. You two don't have the juice anymore. Welcome to the new world order." Karoskfy said, glancing at Lola before walking away. "What the actual hell is going on?" Lola asked a lot louder than she meant causing her to wince. "Wow I said that a lot louder than I meant to." Quinn giggled tightening her grip on her arm.

***

"The slushie war has commenced." Kurt said looking at the school's 'It' couple before glancing at Lola and Mike who were playfully waltzing around the choir room together. "And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us, except Lola, are safe." Mercedes stated shaking her head softly before Mr. Schue walked into the room.

"Okay, guys. We're a little behind for sectionals, thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour." As the teacher spoke the students moved to the chairs in the room, Mike kept an arm around Lola as they stood beside each other. "But you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I'm gonna keep you guys fired up. Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. But the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like... chocolate and bacon."

The New Directions remained quiet, glancing at the teacher. "Or Glee Club and football" Finn stated sarcastically as Quinn continued to wipe his face, Lola winced, tightening her grip on Mike who placed a quick kiss to the top of her head.

"Exactly. But you've proven that it is a great combination. So here is... my personal favorite song. And your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it." Mr. Schue said handing out the sheets of paper out to the students.

"Bust A Move?" Kurt read off, Lola's face twisted up, just as her twins did. "Yeah, this song is old school." Mercedes said what the twins were thinking. Lola separates from Mike heading towards the front of the room while looking over the music, trying to figure out some choreography to go with it.

"All right. Artie?" Mr. Schue called out, ignoring the comment. "Yeah?" Artie questioned rolling his chair over to the man. "Try to follow along on the bass." Mr. Schue instructed, the female Hummel made her way over, helping her classmate place the shoulder strap over his head. 

"Finn, take us through it." Lola gave her teacher a bland look before looking at two of her best friends. Quinn still wiping her boyfriends face with a towel. "Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. Schuester. I got corn syrup in my eye." Finn explained, pointing at his face with the drumsticks. "Okay. Uh, Puck. How about it?"

"I don't really groove on Young MC." Puck shrugged from where he sat next to Rachel. "I am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now." Rachel said shaking her head making everyone glance at her weirdly. "It's okay, Rachel. I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." Mr. Schue said taking off his button up leaving him in a brown t-shirt while the students exclaimed in shock.

"Bust it!" He ordered pointing at Artie who grinned and began to play the bass. Mike raised an eyebrow at Lola who stood off to the side with her twin. 'No.' The brunette mouthed pointing at her boyfriend who grinned playfully before dragging both Hummel twins over to everyone else.

***