A Tale From The Past - Part 1

Začít od začátku

"Don't worry! I will! Promise!"

Later that day, as the sun went down, he did as he promised and headed home, after piling the logs he collected, another day of hard work done.

A small, humble, yet sturdy, wooden shack, built by their father, who passed away a few winters ago. Ulrich met his sister again, and his mother, Emma. A beautiful woman of long, brunette hair. Her eyes, as her kids, were blue. Average height and a fit body, perhaps a little too much for a housewife. Wearing a simple green dress, adorned with white cloths.

The lovely smell in the air of a freshly made dinner welcomed the young boy as he opened the door.

"I'm home!" He said, leaving his axe behind the door and his coat at the coat rack, sitting down at the table. "I could smell something great from outside!"

"You're just in time, Ulrich." Emma welcomed her son. "How was your work today?"

"Pretty good... I'd say we'll make some good money soon."

"I see." She approached the table, carrying a plate of beef stew, setting it down.

"Thank you!" Ulrich quickly ate the stew like it was first meal in ages.

Emma chuckled, watching the blonde boy.

"Hm?" He looked back, wondering what that was about.

"You look more like your father every day."

Ulrich smiled, taking that as a great compliment.

"Thanks!"

After a fine dinner and a bath, Ulrich headed to his room he shared with his sister for now. The small house could only fit two bedrooms, with a third one under construction.

Such was the life of Ulrich...

Simple, peaceful...

But the story of how he became a ruthless, merciless hunter couldn't become in a peaceful way.

Ulrich woke up in the middle of the night, agitated. He couldn't shake a terrible feeling of dread coursing through every inch of his body. The goosebumps, his hair standing up. He couldn't ignore the feeling that something was about to happen.

Ulrich quickly jumped from his bed, shaking his sister, who slept on the other side of the bedroom.

"Sis! Sis! Wake up!"

"Huh?" Leonie looked back, still hazy from her slumber. "What is it?"

"Something bad... I can feel it! A terrible presence!"

"Ulrich, I already told you to stop reading those silly stories about monsters and Vampires, it always makes you paranoid!"

"Sis! I'm sure of it!"

Leonie simply brushed off his paranoia, turning away and trying to sleep again.

"Go to sleep, Ulrich. It's late."

Still, Ulrich couldn't simply ignore his sense. He carefully, with trembling hands, opened the door leading out the bedroom.

As he headed out, he decided to check on his mother. Making his way there, the cold wind of the night blew on his skin, drawing his attention to the front door cracked open.

"What?"

"Ulrich! Look out!" Emma pulled him back by the shoulder, saving the boy from a strange shadow that attacked. Ulrich fell back, dazed.

"Fifteen years looking for you, and THIS is where you've been hiding?! Vampire Hunter?!" Yelled the creature, holding her up by the neck, pressing the woman against the wall.