Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part1

Start from the beginning

Breaking away from the kiss, Daniel gazed into her lovely brown eyes. He smiled at her and suggested, "I thought we could take a ride to Firefly Hill and make it by sundown. We can have a picnic there."

Regina was turning 18, and Daniel wanted to celebrate. She took a deep breath and looked into his caring blue eyes. "I can't...I...I have to be back in an hour. Tea time. A lady never misses her tea time." She sighed, "Then my ladies' maids must prepare me for the unwanted birthday ball mother has planned for me tonight."

Daniel scoffed, "This is absurd, stealing kisses between lunch and tea? When are you gonna tell your parents about us?"

Regina provided some sort of comfort, "It's not my parents. It's her." She put both hands on his shoulders in comfort and continued, "She thinks one's trajectory needs to keep moving up and..."

He dropped his head, "And I'm down." He walked away towards the apple tree, the tree that symbolized their love. He wanted to understand how this wasn't easy for her, especially with a mother like Cora Mills, but he didn't care anymore. He loved this beautiful young woman and would do anything for her happiness.

"Daniel, I'm sorry, but I promise after this extravaganza my mother insists on having and everything has abated, I will tell her." Regina walked up to him and caressed his cheek.

"Regina, tell her. She'll get over it. What can she do?" He asked.

She scoffed and pulled back from his embrace, "Have you not seen her magic? The real question is what can't she do?"

Daniel pulled Regina back into his embrace and caressed her cheek, "Who cares about magic. True love is the most powerful magic of all. It can overcome anything."

Regina looked into Daniel's beautiful blue eyes and was moved by his words. She knew at that moment... She didn't want to be with anyone else. He was her true love, the man she was destined to spend the rest of her life with, and she couldn't let her mother take this away from her.

Just as Regina was about to pull in for a kiss, they both heard someone screaming for help. "Shh! Someone's here!" Regina exclaimed. They turned their heads and saw a young girl struggling on her horse. She was close to falling off and possibly breaking her neck.

Regina ran towards Rocinante and jumped onto the mare's back, grabbing the reins tightly as she knew she had to do whatever was necessary to save the young girl. "I'm sorry, Daniel," she said, turning to him briefly. "I love you, but I have to do this."

Daniel wanted to continue their conversation, but he saw the determination in Regina's eyes and knew this was something she had to do. He reluctantly stepped back and watched her ride off, feeling a mixture of emotions as his love journeyed to save a stranger.

Unbeknownst to Regina, this act of bravery would come at a great expense to her. Despite the daunting consequences that lay ahead, she was determined to rescue the young girl and would not let her perish.

Regina and Snow-Enchantment Forest

Regina bravely succeeded in her mission to save the young girl, quickly pulling her off the frantic horse and safely onto the ground. She jumped off the horse and knelt down to the girl's level, brown eyes full of concern. "It's okay dear, you're safe," she spoke gently.

The young girl looked up into Regina's kind eyes and said, "You saved my life." Regina was still concerned for her well-being and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, but I'll never ride again," the young girl said solemnly.

Regina chuckled and grabbed both of her hands, looking her in the eyes and telling her, "Nonsense, the only way to overcome fear is to face it. To get back on that horse as soon as possible." She smiled then said "Regina".