11 - Rυɴ

TW: blood, violence, etc.

"You're home," Sena greeted, smiling as she set a plate of snacks down

"You're home," Sena greeted, smiling as she set a plate of snacks down. "He was looking for you, so I let him in."

My teeth gritted.

She knew who Toge was. There was no way she would blindly let him in, knowing I was hiding my identity and the children from everyone. Including my own family.

"What... are you doing?"

Sena was playing with me now, no doubt.

She stood up, making her way to my direction. Once she was far enough from Toge's ears, she simply smiled. "Did you forget you're not living with me for free? I have to collect payments, too."

"What?," I snapped back in agitation.

"You're using the body I gave you, and you're in my house," she continued, counting on her fingers. "You don't think I'm not gonna use you in return?"

"What do you want?"

She smirked, not bothering to give me an answer, then walked away.

"Lookalike-san," Shion mumbled with pouted lips as he tugged on Toge's sleeves. "Don't be mad at Mama? Please?"

"Yes, pleaaase." Seijiro nodded, looking up and giving his young uncle puppy eyes. "Mama's really nice. She loves us. She can be your friend, too! She's very caring and kind, even though she's strict sometimes."

Toge squatted to match their height and ruffled their hair. "I know."

Of course he knows. He was my baby before you both.

I smiled at the thought. I never realized I missed Toge this much.

Toge instructed the two to give us some time alone. The children waddled back to their bedrooms obediently. Then my younger cousin faced me, his eyes holding no amount of softness in them. He looked mad- no, betrayed. "Ichihara sensei, huh?"

"Inumaki-kun, I-"

"Liar," he scoffed. I could feel him fighting with his emotions as he tried to mask them by retaining a passive face. "You really insist on this."

"No! I..." I couldn't say anything. I was really doing a bad job at this. I should've called it quits the moment I got Chiyo out of prison. But then again, Toge already had a hunch before that.

"Oba-san is really sick."

My mom?

"The doctor said she's very ill and has only at least half a year at most."