"But, yeah. Much better than you think."

"Good," she nods, feeling the heat rush over her brown cheeks, thankful they didn't give her away so easily.

"Can I kiss you, Zora?" He asks.

She answers with a tug at his collar, pulling him down to her level to close the space between them as their lips attach to each other.

Fireworks times a million are going off in their heads, as their lips mold together perfectly. He sighs into the kiss, making her swoon hard.

Pulling away first, she takes a moment to look at him.

Him and those dark brown pools for eyes of his, so soft and inviting. And those lips! Softer than that.

"Wow," she says, pulling him back for another kiss. Her hands find the sides of his face, as he wraps his arms around her a little tighter.

Thankfully backing into the couch as their knees began to wobble, the pair fell into a fit of laughter as they hit the cushions.

Now they're staring at each other, slightly panting as their minds race.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks.

She softly shakes her head. "I don't know. You?"

"You." He answers.

"Me. What about me?"

"Everything. What you'll show me. What you won't."

"I can't promise to open up right away, cause it's been a while. But I'm trying." She repeats.

"I know."

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

"Alright, girl. What's going on?" Nique asks, as they sit at their usual spot in Nicole's.

"So, I've been hanging out with Leon for a couple weeks now and he's making it really hard for me. I be feelin' compelled to say more than I think I should and I just... what do I do?" Zora asks.

"You go with the flow, girl. That's all you can do."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!" She reiterates, making Zora chuckle a bit. "I know it's not always the easiest thing to do, but there's gotta be a point where you can be comfortable enough to share and know someone won't use it against you later, and from what you're telling me, you haven't given him anything past a phone number and brief rundown of your old boos."

"Yeah, he's been super patient and I don't wanna run him off or anything, cause I uh..." She trails off.

"What? You like him? Duh!"

She playfully rolls her eyes at her best friend.

"No— well, yeah I do like him. But, we kissed the other night and—"

"What??" She whisper-yells.

"Nique,"

"Zora!"

"Stop it!" She giggles.

"No, you stop it! How was it??"

"It was beautiful."

"Wow,"

"That's what I said."

"Wow, how did that happen?"

"We did our own paint 'n sip. Sipped a little too much and ended up real close." She sighs.

"So, that changed something."

"Yeah, it was the way he looked at me right before he asked if he could kiss me. It was like I was bare and he could see everything I wasn't saying."