one.

Wandering around the indoor greenhouse, littered with different variants of flowers, Zora stops in front of the Japanese camellias

"Wow... absolutely beautiful." She admires them, before picking up a wrapped bunch and bringing them to her nose.

"Hm. No scent. Interesting." She places them in her basket, continuing to move about.

Little did she know, she'd caught the eye of a man. A fine one at that, and he was on the move.

Sliding up beside her at a respectful distance, he clears his throat quietly before speaking.

"Excuse me," he starts as she whips her head in his direction, looking at him over her glasses, very pleased with what she was looking up at.

"Yes?" The depth in her voice makes the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

"Wow, I forgot how to speak for a second there," he says, making her laugh and subtly adjust her glasses, getting a better look at his handsome face.

"You're absolutely stunning. Floated through here like an angel."

"Aren't you a smooth talker,"

"Just stating the facts, beautiful."

"Smooth talker got a name?" She asks.

"Leon." He holds his hand out for her to shake and she obliges, pleased with his firm grip.

"Zora."

Her hands were smooth like cocoa butter, his formal grip on her lingering for a second longer.

"Nice to meet you, Leon." She says, smirking once their hands finally detached.

"Pleasure's all mine, miss Zora."

He flashes her a smile that takes her breath away, and inevitably makes her return the gesture.

Gathering herself, she looks down at the lavender flowers in his hand and back up at his handsome face.

"Aster, how pretty."

His brow raises, making her smirk return.

"You like these too?"

"Yeah, they're actually one of my favorites!," she laughs.

"Who else has such good taste, if you don't mind me asking."

"My mama sends me down here almost every other week for these and petunias," he answers.

"Aw, how sweet is that."

"I love my mama," he cheeses, "what about you?"

"Oh, I just came to see if they'd taken my advice about rotating out some bunches for the season, and I lucked out with these!" She exclaims, pointing to the camellias in front of her.

"What kind are these?"

"Japanese camellias. Aren't they beautiful?"

He smiles, glancing between her and the flowers.

"Absolutely."

She meets his gaze again, blushing behind her purple frames.

"I hope you don't have a girlfriend, the way you keep lookin' at me. Cause I'd hate to break the news to 'er."

He lets out a hearty chuckle, shaking his head.

"Of course not! I'm as single as they come."

"Mm, so you say."

"I look like trouble?"

"With a big ol red bow on ya, mmhm." She teases, earning another laugh.

"Damn, that hurts."

"Oh, you'll live!" She laughs, looking back toward all the pretty colors the flower comes in.

"Get the pink ones, you keep eyein' them."

Refraining from gazing back up at him, she clutches a pink and purple bunch in hand.

"Alright, I think I'm done here."

"Would it be cheesy if I asked for your number?" He asks, and she's right back to gazing at him.

"Cheddar," she burns, with a smile and holds her hand out.

He hands the device over, watching her tap across the screen and hand it back.

"If you call too late, I won't answer."

"No worries, beautiful."

She hums a laugh as they head towards the register to check out.

He offers to walk her to her car since the sun is beginning to set, and she obliges, lingering a moment to catch the dip in his walk.

"Since you declined my offer to buy your flowers, how about a date instead?" He asks, once they get to her pretty yellow bug of a Volkswagen. Her prized possession.

She smiles before she can stop herself, already giving him his answer but he was patient in hearing it from her.

"Okay," she answers, getting to see that award winning smile again.

"Maybe you're a good time outside the flower shop, too."

He's not the only smooth one.

"That's guaranteed."

"Good to know," she unlocks her door, "goodnight, Leon."

"Goodnight, Zora."

Hey y'all! I'm back!