She was a little nervous to share, obviously.

Maybe a little more than usual, but she knew it was from all the words swirling around in her brain, telling her to be careful and have fun, not choose the latter just cause it's fun...

Cause fun ends.

Flipping the canvas around, she watches his eyes dart over her cluster of purple-blue bell flowers, like he's following the brushstrokes.

"Do you like it?" She asks, nervously chewing on her lip.

"Yeah, this is beautiful, Zora." He responds, looking up at her to catch the small smile on her lips.

"Thank you. I take pride in 'em." She says, before sitting the canvas back on the table.

"I can tell. It shows in your work."

"I hope so!," she laughs, "I took an extra thirty seconds for that last flower!"

"And it was time well took! It's okay." He joins in the laughter, making her feel better.

"Okay." She nods, folding her hands in her lap.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks.

"You kinda already did," she smirks, earning a playful sigh from his end.

"Alright, well my second question, smarty pants, is why are you closed off?"

"I... there hasn't been a reason for me to not be that way. Not in a while, so I'm kinda used to it... I guess."

"Like a second nature, almost?"

"Exactly," she replies, sighing to herself.

"You think.. I could be someone to open up to? Maybe one day?" He asks, staring right at her.

"Maybe one day," she repeats, "if you earn it."

"Yes ma'am."

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The music continued on as they felt compelled to slink together and sway, their buzzes reducing them to slurred words and giggles.

"Can I ask you a question?" Zora asks, her ear still pressed against his chest.

"You kinda already did," he mocks, earning a harmless slap on his arm.

"Of course you can. Wassup?"

"Why are you so open?"

"I wasn't always open. I actually relate to you not telling too much, a lot. Nobody's hearing what you sayin', so why say it, right?"

"Yeah, exactly. It's like ammo for people, and they become a story to tell the next person. I'm sick of stories." She huffs, holding him a little tighter.

He looks down at her, smiling to himself.

"But people— the right people come along, and you wanna tell stories again.. cause maybe they'll be a good story, maybe a, close that book and open a new one kind of story, ya know?" He rambles, still looking down at the top of her head.

"Yeah," she nods. "I wanna know what it's like— I'm trying."

"I know. You're doing better than you think." He assures, making her look up and meet his gaze.

"Really?" She asks, the usual depth in her voice was somehow a little deeper and sweeter.

"Again, I almost forgot how to speak." He breathily says, catching himself before he leaned in too much, even though she was fighting to meet him halfway.