Chapter 3.1: What If - Yamauchi Took Control Over Class D

Magsimula sa umpisa

Should I tell them? But it's not my problem. It's their own responsibility as students to figure this out.

Having a leader can help them grow faster? There are already some potential leader figures in the class. No need for me to intervene.

Some giggles spread through the room.

Ike: "I can't believe you can think that much in a few seconds."

Miyamoto: "Yeah, Chabashira-sensei is still in slow motion."

Shinohara: "I think we should focus on his actual thoughts."

Maezono: "We would have welcomed you if you became our leader."

Yamauchi: (I doubt that.)

Sudo: "Oi, guys. Horikita is our leader, there's no need..."

Horikita: "Wait, Sudo-kun, Yamauchi-kun might have led us better than I did at the beginning."

That's surprising coming from her. She's sure grown a lot.

Matsushita: "Actually, I'd like to see how Yamauchi-kun would have led our class."

Yamauchi shakes his head: "The guy on the screen is definitely not me. There's no way I'd break my facade just because of those reasons."

Matsushita: "Ouch. That's heartless, Yamauchi-kun."

Some other students in our class also look like they agree with Matsushita.

Yamauchi: ( ̄_ ̄)

Even if I only get a few points next month, I can still extort money from the seniors. But it's pretty hard to keep doing that for three years and not get caught.

It's such a pain to lead them, though. I haven't interacted with them, but I can already tell it's a hassle.

Also, they would definitely refuse to have a guy that acted like a pervert be their leader.

Horikita: (He's right.)

Yousuke scratches his cheek. He and some others have wry smiles on their faces. Class D was indeed troublesome for any leader to lead, let alone a guy who seemed like a pervert.

I'm curious how he would pull it off.

And the promise with him...

Ichinose clasps her hands together: "He must have promised his friend something really important. He's so kind."

Kanzaki glances at Ichinose quizzically.

Kanzaki is not the only one who looks at Ichinose as if she's ill.

Is this the Selection Bias Effect?

Matsushita: (The dots are connecting... But it's too ridiculous.)

Ryuen: "Who's the fuck have that kind of promise?"

Mashima: "I don't understand young generations these days."

Actually, that was just a one-sided promise...

...

Nagumo: "That was anti-climactic."

...

I hear some awkward coughs in the back.

Yamauchi has a pretty good poker face as he gazes at the screen.

I wonder what he's thinking.

Yamauchi: (I kinda want some beef udon right now.)

I don't care about the Class A thing, but staying here peacefully for 3 years is a treasure to me.