one hundred three

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, I just feel like I'm doing this whole relationship thing wrong." I mumble as he narrows his eyes at me.

"What's her love language? Maybe that can help."

"Her what?" I question as he sighs.

"Her love language. There's 5 of them." He says as I just stare at him blankly, "words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, receiving gifts and acts of service."

I Shake my head completely confused as I put on a pair of shoes. "I don't know." I mumble.

"Tate's is physical touch, that's why we probably seem so affectionate, it's because we hug all of the time and are just always right next to each other. Find out what hers is and it'll make your relationship easier." He says as I fake gag.

"Didn't need to know Tate's, gross." I scoff as he rolls his eyes.

"Not like that, you dummy." He says as he gets up, coming over and flicking my ear.

"Dummy." I say under my breath.

"That's why Tate is always hugging us, because it's her love language. Once you figure out Isabelle's a lot will make sense." He says as he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Did you have to ask Tate?" I question as he laughs.

"Anyone who looks at Tate will know it's her love language, she's always touching people and she wants that back." He says as I draw my face straight, "once again, not like that." He adds as he pushes me away and I begin laughing.

I open the door as we go out in the living room, "that's why I didn't say anything to her the other day when we went to the club. How she was saying Tate had a better reaction than me, I just don't know what to say or do half of the time." I say as he tries not to laugh.

"Getting the girlfriend is the hard part, so you did that, now you just need to figure out how to keep her." He says as he goes and sits on the counter, pulling out his phone. "Have you guys said it yet?"

I sit on the couch as I give him a look, "said what?"

"Dude, the L word." He mumbles as he looks from his phone to me.

"Oh yeah, I say I like her all the time." I say as his expression completely drops, "no I'm kidding, we say it but only sometimes. How often do you and Tate say it?"

"Like a few times everyday." He shrugs.

I sigh as I lean my head back, staring up at the ceiling. "I feel that way with her, it's just hard to show it because I'm not sure how to."

"Girls like to feel appreciated, right? So that's why I try to give little compliments here and there to Tate, even if we're arguing because it shows I still care. And for you that starts with complimenting her when she walks out of that room." He says as I chew on the inside of my cheek, nodding slowly.

"What do I do after that?" I ask as he sets his phone down, just staring at me.

"Are you sure you two have been dating for 4 months? Because you seem completely lost." He says as I stand up, pacing.

"I just feel nervous seeing how other couples are acting and I'm scared in not doing enough. Like even when you and Tate fight you two are still perfect for each other and you find ways to make it up to her." I say as I put my hands behind my head.

"You know what she likes, use that to your advantage. That's how you can make anything better, if you just gear it towards her." He suggests as I nod and the bedroom door opens as Tate walks out, immediately going over to Pedri and hugging him.