Take You Down: Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

Knowing it's Pablo, I sag into him, letting everything else everyone is saying in one ear and out. All I can see is the image of Jake on the crosswalk before he was found. I don't even care that mom is right here to witness what's happening.

I can deal with all of that later.

I feel a few shakes on my shoulders, firm, but not hard enough to smash the living daylight out of me. His jolts bring me back to reality and I slowly bring my gaze up to his. He stares at me, his eyebrows furrowed, forehead creased.

"Sweetpea," He shakes me once more, "Mr. and Mrs. Lockey have gone to get the car started. We're going to the ER now, okay?"

Still numb, I nod my head. Going to the ER means seeing Jake, seeing him alive, and that's all I need to hear. Pablo puts a hand on my back and gives me a judge forward, encouraging me to keep walking. That's all it takes before I feel my own feel walking closer to Jake.

Just one little nudge.

When I reach the already started car, I pull open the door and stuggle to keep it open while I climb in. Pablo, noticing this, runs up to the it and pulls it wider so I can slide through with ease. Before he shuts the door, I give him a small 'thank you' smile.

                                                       Pablo's POV:

For the past thirty minutes, Madison and my entire host family have been sitting around in the lounge anxiously waiting for a Doctor to tell us the results.

From the look on Madison's face, I knew I'd have to be there for her, every step of the way. Mrs. Lockey crying was the final straw for me however.

A wrecked sob comes from Madison's mouth, making her entire body jerk against mine, including her head that is resting on my shoulder. I look down at her and give her right shoulder a gentle run, letting her know I'm right here.

Damn, she has no clue what she does to me.

I'd never be doing this to any chica in Mexico.

"Pablo," She whispers, looking up at me with big, beaded eyes, 'I don't know what I'm going to do if...If--"

"Shhh," I quickly interrupt her before she gets carried away in her thoughts too much, "Everything will be okay."

She nods her head, hiccuping in the process. If this weren't such a bad situation, I would smile at her innocence.

Afterall, that's all there is to her, Innocence.

Just then, a man walks in wearing a long, white 'robe looking attire'. His grey hair reminds me of the curly kind mi abuela has. Madison's eyes shoot up and she watches him wearily as he looks down at his clip board.

"Mrs. and Mr. Lockey?" He says after a few more moments.

Immediately all of us bolt up from our seats.

"That would be us." Mr. Lockey answers, leaving no space for arguement on who can or can't see Jake.

The doctor gives us a sympathetic smile, "You are all family?"

Not a moment goes by when Madison answers with a solid, "Yes."

I squeeze her hand, feeling reassured by my position. Of course, I'm not family, but Madison means something important to me. It's scary as shit, but it's the truth. The fact that she didn't even hesitate to include me in the problems of her own family means she cares.

The doctor nods his head and then continues to talk, "Okay," He starts, flipping over the papers on the clipboard, "There is some good news, and some bad news."

Madison tenses as Mrs. Lockey speaks up, "Will our son be all right?"

"Fortunately, yes," The doctor says, "That's the good news. The other news is that we will have to keep Jake under supervision for the next two nights. When he came in, he was pretty dazed and confused--both signs of a concussion." He pauses, letting that sink in before continuing again, "Now, for a five year old boy, that could be a risk, considering his brain is still developing. But, your son is very lucky. From the x-rays we took before he slept, no blood leakage has been revealed. The only thing that has happened to him was that when he fell, his cererum shifted against his skull. That is normal for a patient with a concussion."

"How did this happen?" Mr. Lockey demands, the lines on his forehead creasing.

The doctor tilts his head to the side, "Currently, at his sleepy state, we haven't been able to find out much. When he starts to recover under our supervision, we will be able to rediscover the detail as to how this happened. After that, we can decided where to go. However, for now, it is unknown."

No one responds not even the single movement is made. All of us stare at him in shock, yet glad that he's okay.

Finally, Mrs. Lockey whispers, "He's a miracle child."

"He is indeed," The doctor agrees, "I also came out here to tell you that Jake can take visitors for about thirty minutes before he sleeps for the night."

"I'll go first." Madison steps up, her voice shaky yet filled with determination.

                                            * * * * * * 

Sorry for the wait guys!

I had this spanish project to do and it took up my entire life. Literally.

Anyways, I know some of my chapters are long (in my terms three to four pages), and at other times (like most times) they are two to three pages. I don't know what else to say other than I have a specific goal in mind, and if you don't like the length of my chapters..I'm sorry. I know this one is pretty short, but I needed this one here to let you know Jake still exists hahaa. Some of you might have forgotten him because I mentioned him like twice in the beginning of the book. BUT HIS EXISTANCE HAS A POINT NOW! So hopefully stuff is clicking together?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Oh well, it will soon... (;

ANYWAYYYSSSS.....

Thanks for always being the best minions ever.

Can I get 110 votes and 25 comments?

VOMMENT.

xxSummerxx