That day I hesitantly took the offered arm.

Deciding to give life another chance.

"Sebastian Sallows's the name." He cracked a crooked smile, vigorously shaking my hand, as he helped me back on my feet.

"I am-.." The words left my mouth before I could think, my body eager, pushing me to befriend the boy in front of me. "I'm Ominis. Ominis... Gaunt."

He didn't bat an eye at the mention of my name. Not even a silent gasp.

"So Ominis.. I have been wondering - what's up with that wand of yours?" I felt him poke the tip of my wand, the resonance traveling my arm, waking every cell in my body.

"It.. it guides me,since I was born - blind." I lowered my head, ashamed of the condition I was always put down for, despite not having a single ounce of control over the matter.

However, I immediately felt his finger lifting my chin, as he examined my face. "That is so ... badass!"

"Language, mister Sallow!" Voice of professor Hecat echoed through the class. Sebastian laughed under his breath.

"I like you, mate. Let me introduce my sister - Anne. She is so endearing, you will love her." He exhaled, as he dragged me out of the classroom, his grip on my hand never faltering.

And I did not protest.

.........................

"Sebastian, stop pacing like a raging lion, for god's sake! Your nervousness is starting to be contagious.." I scoffed, the echoes of his formal boots against the marble flooring driving me mad already. He was freaking out like a kid and not like a grown man.

"Ominis, I can't do this.." Sebastian panted heavily, his knees shaking so much I could hear them. "What if I mess up? I've never done this before..."

"Of course you've never done this before. You get married once in a lifetime after all." I chuckled, trailing over the room to pour the poor lad some whiskey. He no doubt needed to take the edge off a little bit.

"I can't do this.." His voice cracked at the end, trembling and anxious.

My hands found the cold container, the liquor splashing against the sides, as I lifted the bottle pouring the golden liquid onto an empty glass. I smiled under my breath, as I remembered, it was still the whiskey Amali inherited after professor Fig. Oh how it served us well over the years. It was almost comical, how many bottles were in the stash.

I closed the distance between me and Sebastian, shoving the glass in his hand. "Here, that should help." I felt his grip tighten around the whiskey, as the glass left my hand. He brought the drink to his lips, downing it with three loud gulps.

"Everything will be alright, Sebastian." I placed my palm on his shoulder. "This day is no different from any other you two have already spent together. You already made her the promise to stay by her side - loving her - till the end of days. Sealing this promise with an official ceremony is just a cherry on top. It's the time to celebrate your love for her with your friends and family. You have nothing to be nervous about." I patted his shoulder, feeling his shakes calming down.

"You are probably right. I just want to do right by her - I have ruined so many things in my life already." He chuckled, sarcasm oozing from the laughter.

"This won't be one of them, I promise. We both have grown from the mistakes of our past."

Sebastian hand covered mine, squeezing in a thankful manner, placing the empty glass on the coffee table beside him. As the glass clinked against the wooden surface, a knock echoed from the door.