Chapter 1

"What are you wearing to the masquerade?" Ginny asks.

"I'm not going." I tell her firmly.

"Hermione you have to go, everyone will be there."

"I don't have a dress."

"Then we'll just have to get you one, won't we. I need to pick up my dress anyways. We can get you something from the same store."

"Urg. fine, I guess. But I don't have a date."

"You aren't supposed to have one, it was in the announcement."

"Alright, I'll go."

"Yay! Okay lets go now."

She pulls me up off one of the comfy couches in Gryffindor tower's common room and we head down to the entrance hall; then out to Hogsmeade. I follow her into a small dress shop called Madame Violet's Dress Robes. Inside there were dresses of every color fabric and size you could imagine. Madame Violet greets us and goes off to get Ginny's dress from the back. I gare around a bit, but nothing I see catches my eye. Madame Violet comes back with Ginny's dress in hand. She then follows her to a dressing room so Ginny can see what I think of it. Looking through a large rack of short blue dresses something suddenly catches my eye. A long, dare I say Slytherin green, ballgown hangs on the wall partially hidden by the rack in front of me. I lift it up off the wall and immediately realize it is the dress.