prologue

21st May 2018
Tokyo

It came in the mail;

She immediately recognised it—the photocard with an all too familiar logo of Ten Rings.

The first thought that crossed her mind was,

This is it..?

Is this the day I have been dreading for so long?..

Growing up as a kid, Xu Ruiwen never thought; fate would be so cruel to her.
Her life took a cruel turn at the age of six, forever changing the trajectory of her fate and maybe her life even.

Trying to live a normal life after seven years of hell, Rue never felt at ease
She was neither happy nor sad, stuck between these two emotions. Her nights were always plagued by the nightmares she wished to forget.

Rue has been living a mundane life as a middle schooler in Tokyo. She made an effort to live her teenage years to the fullest but failed miserably. It was truthfully an absurd thought. Looking back now, she wanted to crack up at herself for even thinking that could have taken place.

Currently at the age of fifteen(soon to be sixteen)
After graduating her last year at Saitama Urami Junior High, she was about to enrol in Jujutsu Technical High as a first-year alongside the stoic boy she befriended but alas a hindrance too big to evade arose likewise. She was too exhausted to read the contents of the postcard.

But here she is—once again sitting at the end of her mattress, her coarse fingertips which lacked care from years of ruthless training; caressing the logo in familiarity before crumbling its sides with bitterness.

It was dawn, and the rays of sunset penetrated through the glass window of her bedroom and fell onto her face making it glimmer-defining her sharp obsidian eyes which are completely contrary to the harsh glare she has set on the words written on the back of the postcard.

She forbade to praise the sundown. She figured out that if she dare raised her gaze, it would soften eventually betraying the fury she holds inside of her.

'what the hell am I supposed to do now? '

'你该回家瑞文'

'It's time for you to come back home Ruiwen'

"shit."

| ALWAYS RISING | ©sky2kler