Chapter 8

"um.. let me try to interpret this once again," momo cleared her throat as kyoka slowly closed her eyes and knitted her brows together.

"i tried to sum this up as concisely as i can."

"yeah," the black haired girl slowly nodded. "so, when we were all away for two weeks, you and kaminari-san stayed here and then... drank the leftover alcohol from-"

"he was the one who drank them all, not me," kyoka corrected her.

"right," momo smiled apologetically. "and the next day, when we came back, you two got caught and as punishment, aizawa sensei told you both to clean some storage rooms and the whole dorm?"

"ugh, this is all that idiot's fault!," kyoka threw the broom on the floor, almost breaking it. "i'm seriously going to kill that dunce face when i'm done with all this."

"on the bright side," momo started, trying to cheer her up. "sensei said you'll only be cleaning for a week. as for kaminari, his punishment will be two more weeks."

"tsk. why can't he just give him a whole month instead?," kyoka grumbled, spraying the window before wiping it aggressively with the duster.

momo frowned as she looked at her friend. "if it makes you feel any better, i can help you move those boxes out when you're done with the window."

"no. i intend to finish this up as quickly as i can by myself. thanks anyway."

momo smiled sheepishly. "by the way, i also wanted to thank you for buying the groceries. especially the tea."

kyoka chuckled lowly. "everyone knows how much you love them."

~~~

"come on man, when are you finally gonna tell us?," hanta threw his arms in exasperation.

"yeah, why are you and jirou suddenly suspended? what did you guys do?," eijiro asked incredulously.

denki stayed quiet, not having the energy to talk to his friends after getting a long lecture from aizawa sensei and an earful from tenya as he mopped the floor of the gymnasium.

"we didn't get suspended. i got us into trouble because i drank all of the alcohol i found in one of the kitchen cabinets. jirou told me to put them back but i didn't listen and got drunk."

hanta and eijiro exchanged glances.

"you what?!," they both exclaimed in unison.

"wait hold on. how'd you get in trouble only after that?," eijiro inquired.

"dude, he said he got drunk so of course he'd forgot to put the glasses back in the cabinet," hanta explained to him.

"yeah, and sensei just happened to be back a day early and saw them on the table," denki slouched.

when he woke up in the morning yesterday, he had a hangover and almost forgotten about what happened the day before.

he ran downstairs, clutching his head as he made his way to the living room only to see aizawa sensei there in the living room standing in front of kyoka.

"kaminari," aizawa turned to the blond once he noticed his presence.

denki nervously gulped.

"care to explain?," the man gestured to the bottles on the table.

"i'm to blame," kyoka quickly spoke with her head down, her bangs covering her eyes. "i'll clean up everything-"