"Breathe from here." Neteyam placed both of his hands on her stomach, pushing it in slightly to make Beatrice flex her muscles. After adjusting her fingers on the string carefully, he nodded, Beatrice pulling back just slightly more before letting the arrow loose, it landing close to the target. Neteyam cheered loudly, causing Beatrice to blush. She rubbed her forearm gently, pouting.

"That is the closest i have seen a beginner get, oeyä tìyawn!" Neteyam gently grabbed onto Beatrice hurt arm, inspecting the line on her forearm carefully. Beatrice forced herself to look away, her heart beginning to race slightly. She examined where her arrow landed, scrunching her eyebrows together to appear deep in thought, while truly she was just fighting the urge to stare at Neteyam. She had become more aware of her actions, trying to slowly end the affections she would give Neteyam, a wall beginning to build around her heart. She didnt want to, but she knew she had to so Neteyam would be happy in the future. She flinched, falling from her thoughts as Neteyam rubbed his thumb over the skin, a frown on his face.

"I will make you armband tonight. No more injuries for pretty woman." Neteyam flirted subtly, looking at Beatrices face. She blushed, ducking her head and pretending she needed to pick her bag up to prevent herself from meeting the Na'vis eyes. His ears flicked downward, confusion growing on his face as she gave no mind to his words. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head, turning to the lake and searching for fish. Beatrice started scavenging for berries, wanting to get the smaller fruits finished before taking a net for the bigger ones.

The two worked for the entirety of the day, Neteyam looking up through the trees at eclipse. He looked over at Beatrice, finding her climbing a tree adjacent to him to reach some ripe fruits. He walked over to her, standing under her just in case.

"Oeyä tìyawn, we should start heading back." He spoke softly, not wanting to spook her and her fall as a result. She hollered out an okay! as she plucked the fruit she was eyeing, looking down at Neteyam before dropping the fruit down to him. She started to make her way down, feeling splinters enter her fingers causing her to scrunch her nose. Once she made it back to the floor, she examined her hands, picking out a few splinters before wiping her hands. She looked up at Neteyam, watching his ears twitch back and forth as he listened to the forest, quickly tying everything together to bring back home. Beatrice scrunched her eyebrows at his actions, touching his arm softly to grab his attention. He looked over her face, worry building in his eyes.

"We need to go. Now." He whispered, hearing something loud coming in their direction. Beatrice felt anxiety grow in her stomach, grabbing as many bags as she could before turning to Neteyam. The Na'vi flung the nets over his shoulders, his bow in hand with an arrow between his fingers in case he needed to notch it quickly. He ducked down, Beatrice following his lead and taking his free hand he held out to her. He quietly led her through the forest, his ears continuing to twitch around, before his entire body froze, causing Beatrice to freeze as well. She muffled her terrified breathing with her free hand, tightening her other hand on Neteyams. The Na'vi looked back at the human he loved, fear evident in his eyes as he feared he would lose her too soon. A gunshot rang out, the bullet only a few feet away from the two, causing Beatrice to unwillingly let out a shriek.

"Drop it, run! Go!" Neteyam shouted, dropping the nets over his shoulders causing Beatrice to drop the bags. They both took off, Neteyam holding tightly onto Beatrices hand as he lead her through the forest. Each duck or jump the Na'vi made, Beatrice made sure to follow as her heart raced crazily in her chest. Neteyam could hear the sky person following behind them, his own heart racing in his chest. Another gunshot rang out, a scream escaping Beatrices lips as it shot through her abdomen, causing her to fall and bounce as she rolled forward. Neteyam let out a scream with her, almost as if he could feel the gunshot through his own abdomen, falling to his knees next to her. Beatrice let out painful whimpers, tears immediately filling her eyes as she clawed at her shirt, lifting it to reveal the wound. Neteyam stared at her with wide eyes, worry filling his face as he crouched next to her head.

"Go.. go! Neteyam, go!" Beatrice begged the Na'vi, tears slipping from her eyes and filling into the suction of the mask. Neteyam looked at her in shock, shaking his head.

"I am not leaving you!" He placed her hands on top of the wound, forcing her to place pressure on it to give her more time. Neteyams ears flicked as he heard the sky person nearing them, rage filling his entire body. He notched his arrow in his bow, crouching above Beatrice to protect her as he peeked through the bushed, searching for the sky person. Once he finally saw the human, he let out a roar as he stood, aiming his arrow and shooting in the same moment. His arrow flew true, hitting the sky person square in the heart. Neteyam hissed loudly as he watched the body drop, his tail swaying angrily behind him. His eyes searched through the bushed and the trees, his ears twitching as he listened to the forest carefully. A pain filled whimper brought him back, his body flipping around and falling on his knees beside Beatrice. He blood covered hand came up to the mic on his throat, pressing the button.

"Dad! Dad, Beatrice is shot! What do i do?" Neteyam cried out, his free hand placing more pressure on the wound, causing a yell to escape Beatrices lips. Neteyam felt tears burn at his eyes, his breathing shaking enough to match Beatrices.

"What?! Okay, hold pressure on it! Did it go through her body?!"

"Yes! It wont stop bleeding! Dad what do i do?!"

Jake cursed loudly as he listened to his son through his ear piece, watching as his family listened as well through their own with fearful faces. Jake grabbed Neytiris arm, seeing her eyes fill with tears.

"Neytiri, get the People to the Tree of Souls. Go! Kids, find your grandmother and get her there, now!" Jake threw the orders out quickly, his family immediately taking off to do as they were told. He heard his mate shouting at the People, getting them moving quickly. Jake ran to the lab, running in and searching for Norm.

"Dad!"

"Get her to the Tree of Souls, Neteyam. Hurry!" Jake told his son through the mic, searching until he finally found Norm. The human looked up at him concerned, Jakes eyes filled with fear. "Beatrice was shot, tell me the avatar is old enough." Norm dropped the tablet he was holding in shock, taking off to the room and punching in the code quickly.

"I found her fully matured this morning, Jake. They should be done extracting her now, i was about to go searching for you!" Jake felt his heart race at his words, having a gut feeling that it wasnt a coincidence that Beatrices avatar was matured just in time. The two men ran in, finding nurses cleaning up the avatar. Norm quickly explained to the nurses what was going on as Jake through a blanket over the avatar, picking it up bridal style and running back out of the door. He ran out of the lab, seeing Norm in his avatar body running to the ledge where everyone was getting on their ikrans, loud calls ringing through the mountains. Jake let out the loudest call of them all, everyone splitting so Jake could move through them, jumping on his ikran and taking off to the Tree, praying to Eywa that they would all get there in time.