Chapter 295 - 300

Start from the beginning

The atmosphere in the car was not as harmonious as before.

This was the first time Qiao Yue had seen Qiao Yu awake after that incident.

He looked like he had lost about ten pounds, and his cheeks were a little sunken. When he smiled, he looked a little like a... Shriveled green pepper?

"Fourth brother, why are you going to school when you haven't fully recovered?" Qiao Yue asked.

Qiao Yu didn't answer but stared out the window. After a long time, he asked, "Are you free tonight? I would like to go to the racetrack."

"You haven't recovered yet; how can you go to the racetrack? What if you tear your wound?"

Car racing was a high-intensity sport. If he wasn't in tip-top condition, he might die on the track.

"Then I'll see you at the racetrack tonight." Qiao Yu said, ignoring Qiao Yue's dissuasion.

Qiao Ying was thoroughly confused. Her fourth brother was usually gentle and didn't seem like the kind who race cars. What was up with him today?

Moreover, Qiao Yu seemed to have become a different person after he was injured. He was reticent and not as obedient as before. He was always standing on the rooftop of the Qiao residence, lost in thought.

"Alright." Qiao Yue agreed.

Qiao Ying was shocked again. Both of her brothers were into car racing.

This was... Really hard to imagine.

"Qiao Ying, do you want to come along?" Qiao Yue asked.

"I guess so." Qiao Ying was a little hesitant, but she still agreed.

She had a feeling that she was about to see the real side of her two brothers.

________________

Chapter 297: The Committee

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

Before Qiao Yue could sit down in her classroom, she was called away.

The school disciplinary committee that oversaw bullying was extraordinarily quick.

The committee had just received the report last night, and they were already taking action this morning.

The school disciplinary committee had its own office and conference room, which were located on the fifth floor of Harvey.

The conference room was more like a courtroom. Those who were accused of school violence would sit in the middle of the room and receive a so-called "trial" from their classmates, their classmates' parents, and the committee members.

Qiao Yue sat in the middle of the conference room and scanned the people around her.

Qiao Xin's family was sitting in the victim's bench, and the third madam of the Qiao family was still secretly wiping her tears.

Qiao Xin clutched her chest, looking like she was going to pass out at any moment.

The principal and a few teachers were seated opposite Qiao Yue, looking at her. Qiao Yue's form teacher, Chang Yuan, was also there frowning at her.

He always thought highly of Qiao Yue and couldn't figure out how such a student could be involved in a controversy surrounding school violence.

Si Yun, the chairperson of the school disciplinary committee, stood up and motioned for everyone to quiet down. "Would the victim's family please tell us how Qiao Xin was bullied?"