Chapter Two

————————

————————

The woman's kindness and tenderness cannot compare to his ruthless, sadistic behavior.

The way her hands would curve around a fragile pest, fingers flexing to feel the bug's texture. He did his best to restrain himself from devouring her every time she unconsciously teased him with her graceful movements.

He was somewhat relieved that she couldn't see his appearance, not that it was humanly unrecognizable like Upper Moon One.

His predatory eyes that lured hundreds or thousands of women throughout his lifetime gazed upon her kneeling form, observing the way she communicated with pesky insects and amphibians that made their way towards her.

He wondered how and why those useless animals surround her as if she's a source of energy for them.

"Do you know they're disgusting creatures, (Name)?" He stated, his keen and colorful orbs gazed at the woman who merely laughed at his words.

Douma raised a brow, an empty grin crossing his face that held emptiness.

"I do not find them disgusting as you said, I don't care if they are. What they might be to others will not change the way I feel about them."

Feel, that's what he lacked. Feelings, emotions. That's what he's incapable of doing. He had the strength to massacre a village, the power to order tons of humans to follow his will, a desire unforgivable and insatiable. Yet, Douma could not feel like the pathetic humans around him. No matter how he replicates and how he observed.

He was incapable of feeling emotions.

"You're a precious one to love beings as ugly as them!" He cheerfully exclaimed, childishly grinning as he sat legs crossed beside her.

He was one to say that, his species is one too. Vile, disgusting beings created by the demon lord that have lived for centuries until now that he serves.

A soft breeze passed them both, toads croaked and the crickets chirped on the background. The wind's howl sent a shiver on the girl, she could almost recall the man's temperature from earlier.

"Do you feel that, Douma?" She asked, barely a whisper. As always, her eyes were fixated at nothing.

The moon shined brightly, stars supporting it with their dim lights and trees hovered above, blocking its calming and spooky light from two beings and small creatures that creeped around them.

" 'course I do! It's getting cold, (name)!" He replied, his hands finding themselves on her shoulder.

He did his best not to devour her right then and there when she let out a small groan of surprise, his sadistic nature almost peaked out from his covered personality.

The nails that dug themselves on her white kimono halted, the way her scent infiltrated his nose almost made him water. It was sweet, too sweet and savory. A scent he only smelt from a few women throughout his centuries of living.

It was addicting.

(Name), an oblivious woman indeed. He wondered how she has not felt his predatory presence yet, noticing she's sensitive to every little touch and movement. Was she just ignoring it or was she truly naive?

The upper moon demon could only chuckle, standing up from his kneeling position. "I should get going now, (Name). It was very nice to meet you!" His cheerful attitude sparked a feeling of curiosity within the woman,  she was surprised the least. He didn't choose to ignore her like the townsfolk do.

"Goodbye, Douma. Please get home safe." She replied, her voice range is still low; just above a whisper.

He chuckled, walking away from the area she resided in before running and jumping inhumanely from tree to tree, continuing his journey to slaughter slayers that wandered nearby.

What a strange man, she thought with a smile, standing up from her position that resulted with sore legs. I wonder if he's blessed with such speed or he's not like me, a human.

She carefully yet skillfully walked to her small hut, getting ready to sleep after spending time with the creatures outside.