"Maybe the reason I'm acting like this is because I'm not well rested papa," I lied. 

"Well my diamond, maybe you should rest," Father suggested in a gentle tone. "Yes I shall do that now papa, will you excuse me" I asked standing up, setting my napkin down. "Of course Amelia, have a good rest" father said. 

"Sop- Amelia you have hardly eaten" my mother said giving me a look of pity. 

"Yes, well I have lost my appetite, mother" I told her calmly before giving father a kiss and leaving the room teary eyed.

"Sophia, Sophia wait a second" I heard my mother calling after me. I stopped waiting for her.

 "Sophia I thought you said he stopped calling you by her name" I heard my mother say sadly. "He did stop for a couple of days at least" I told her, still facing forward. 

"Why did you not tell me?" she said, sounding hurt. 

 "Why didn't I tell you?" I forced out a laughed and turned around. "Mother, when did I have the time to tell you? In between your ramblings about yourself or whistledown? Or maybe you want me to tell your ghost that wanders these empty halls? Mother you are never around!" I exclaimed letting a couple tears fell freely before whipping them away. 

 "Listen my love, I know I have not been the best mother" my mother vouched. 

 "You have not been much of a mother at all" my voice broke as my lip began to tremble. 

 "But I..."she hesitated as her eyes watered, I shook my head biting my lip. "Mother I am restless, I shall take my leave" I whispered looking at the floor.  'Sophia- 

 "your majesty" I interjected, giving her a curtsy. She nodded her head piercing her lips. I left as fast as possible to a place where no one would bother me. The stables.

"Why is today so horrible? It was supposed to be so...different" I whined while petting mercury 

 "well maybe it is because you overreacted" a gruff voice refuted. 

 "I know but everyone was being crass, and father, he reprimanded me for being myself" I emphasized.

 "no he reprimanded Amelia for acting like you" he corrected 

 "that does not make it better, it might even make it worst" I complained 

 "maybe you should apologize you did behave poorly" he suggested 

 "I know, but how does one go about that" I asked 

 "I do not know I'm just a horse" I admitted in a gruff voice. "Mercury you truly are no help" I told my horse. He nudged me with his head. "I'm sorry boy, I lied you are very helpful" I laughed while petting his head.

"Talking to your horse now, maybe you truly are insane" Amos suddenly appeared next to me .

 "Fudge!" I flinched away from him. "Amos don't scare me like that," I exclaimed, holding my hand against my chest.

 He laughed before giving me a small smile. "Everyone is looking for you," he told me softly. 

"That is why I came here" I told him, going back to petting mercury to avoid looking at him. "This is where you came to hide? You need better hiding spots. This was my first thought" he confessed.

 "Well maybe you just know me too well" I grumbled. "Aye, I do, I know you well enough to know that you are drowning in guilt," he claimed. "Yes well I just threw a royal tantrum over getting wet" I affirmed. 

 "You think that's the worst we've seen, I remember when your mother was pregnant with your brother, if someone even glanced at her she would chew their head off" he raved. 

 "That is besides the point, I should not have taken my anger out on any of you, it was wrong, Amos I am truly sorry" I apologized turning to look at him. He just stared at me. 

"Do you forgive me?" I fearfully asked. "No".  I swear I felt my heart drop. 

"But I will if you make me a batch of your sweets" he continued with a smile. "You truly are evil Charles Amos" I said, shaking my head.

Over the next few hours I spent my time baking many batches of cookies, handing them out to everyone who I yelled at. Before having to get ready to meet Mr. strange. 

Baking is very soothing. Let us find out who Mr. Strange Man truly is. Sadly that won't be until the next chapter. I'll see you next time my Gentle readers.