What is he trying to imply? I looked at him confused.

"Archery is learned by soldiers not leaders and as you as the next leader you aren't supposed to include archery among your weapons" He said as lightning flashed again.

That's bullshit. I looked at him baffled.

"No matter what you are required to learn swordsmanship. You don't have to excel in it,mylady. You are required to learn the basics. Which is more than enough for a noblewoman"  He finished his sentence and turned around not waiting to hear my response.

An irk mark appeared on my forehead. So what if he's a master swordsman it doesn't give him any right to look down on any other weapons and skills!

I glared at him and walked inside the mansion. I went straight to my room and locked it from inside.

I was standing there when lightning flashed again.

"Mylady, you are back- Eeekk" Mary screamed while looking at me.

I didn't know that she was inside my room.

"What the- who? - Wait.. MYLADY!" Her eyes widened while looking at me as lightning flashed again.

Honestly what's with this lightning?

"Yes it's me. Can you prepare my bath, Mary?" I croaked out.

"Yes. Right away!" She dashed to the bathroom while I stood there all soaked.

This sucks.

After the warm bath I decided to visit father. He surely must give me permission to pursue archery.

"What sir Wilde said was true.. You can't be the successor with archery" Father said while sitting on his chair in the office room.

Lightning flashed behind the windows.

Are the gods enjoying this? My miserable fortune I mean.

"It is clearly stated in the laws that one who is to succeed inheritance of the Dukedom is supposed to learn short range combat techniques." Father said leaning backwards resting his back on the chair.

What kind of laws are these! Ugh!!!

"It is necessary for self defense as you are the upcoming Duchess.It is mandatory for you to protect yourself." Father said while inspecting my reaction.

I drew my mouth into a thin line and banged my fist on the table.

"Dammit" I murmured as lightning flashed again with the roaring thunder.

"Don't fret. I've received reports stating your displeasure in learning swordsmanship. As it is stated clearly that you should learn short range combat techniques. You can learn daggers, spears and many other instead of just swords" Father said patiently.

I can learn others? But not archery?

"You can still pursue archery as a hobby" Father said while looking at some papers and examining them.

"I understood " I replied as I got up and gave him a gentle bow wishing father a good night.

I went straight to my bedroom and plopped myself on the bed. The rain had subsided. Lightning and thunder too seem to have vanished.

Short range weapons? Daggers? Spears?

There are instances when members of Salvair duchy choose something else other than swords.Oh it is said that Salvarina's great great grandmother had chosen daggers instead of swords.

Should I try it as well... ?

Let's just sleep and think about it tomorrow!

I closed my eyes when I felt someone tap on my window.

It must be him!

I rolled out of my bed and went towards the window. Drawing the curtains to see Elixir standing there grinning and his blue eyes sparkling.

I opened the window and smiled while he came inside the room.

"Did you miss me?~~" He cooed teasing me.

"Not one bit" I bluntly replied.

"How cruel!" He said pouting.

I chuckled and sat on the bed asking him to sit beside me.

"What were you doing all day?"I asked curiously.

"Hmmm.. Just wandering here and there" He answered while scooting closer towards me.

"Uh-huh. You know I still have plenty of questions right?" I told him.

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I know. You must be pretty confused about my situation." He avoided eye contact while talking to me.

"Yes Elixir! You are a non existing character. But you are the second male lead's brother. You are supposed to be mentioned atleast once" I spoke honestly.

"I'm confused too" He admitted while looking at me in the eyes.

"Say, why did you run away from here?" I inquired.

I still remember him promising to see me again and leaving me like that.

"That's-" he hesitated a bit.

"It's fine if you don't wanna tell me" It might be too much for him. Even if we're best friends I should give him his privacy and not pry in.

"No wait...it's cause The Archmage has abused me since childhood"He looked away from me and was fidgeting in his seat.

"Duke Vakaracia has?"I asked surprised. Duke Vakaracia is known throughout the social circle as a man with high dignity who's adamant in following laws.

He nodded. I hugged him and drew circles on his back in a soothing manner.

That bastard Vakaracia... How dare he do something like this to my Wonwoo..

But I don't understand why he left. Why did he came back to this world? If he was there with me maybe I wouldn't have suffered so much. We could've been each other's comfort.

"Then why did you leave me?"I asked still muffled in his embrace.

"That- Oh!" He suddenly pulled out of the embrace and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Rina" He called.

Wait Rina? Who's tha- oh it's my nickname.

I forgot he gave it to me.

"Here" He gave me a book. It was worn-out a bit. It had a pink covering and the title saying 'Four blossoms of spring '

"This is the book we're in!' I whisper yelled.

"Yes it is" He chuckled.

"You should read it"

"Yes" I nodded.

"You look tired. I'm leaving now"He said as he got up.

"Already?" I asked as he bend down and gave me quick peck on the forehead.

"Good night, Rina" He smiled and disappeared leaving blue specks of dust.

That was fast...I glanced at the book in my hand.

Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

⛈️