"𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐤."

Start from the beginning

Their dad turned turned to his eldest daughter, "No. And you know what? I'm the dad and you loose. See how that works?"

Ofie giggled at Miley's face.

Miley gasped, "I do not accept that!"

"That's my line!"

"You see, little sister," Jackson started smuggly, wrapping an arm around their dad's shoulders—or tried too—he had to stand on his toes to do it. "Dad, as a single parent is just trying to make sure that you have the proper guidance and I for one commend him on his commitment to education," he smacked the older man in the back.

Ophelia shook her head, finally prying herself from her sister's grasp to sit at the table.

"Son, I'm glad you see it that way because I'm committing you to staying home and studying this weekend too!" He pat Jackson on the back twice as hard and Ophelia giggled.

"Haha!" Miley said pointedly.

"But my midterms were last week!"

"Yeah, no kiddin'. I had to wrap the fish in something, "c"?" He held up Jackson's graded history test.

"Minus!"

"Don't worry bro, "C"s get degrees," Ophelia comforted getting a look from him in return.

"The only person in this house who can ask me to go anywhere is Angel,"their dad said pointing at his youngest child. "And she did ask to go somewhere, and guess what it was for? To study!" He looked at all of them, "She's the only Stewart I've ever met who is constantly getting straight A's. Heck, she skipped a grade, what have you been doing? Be more like your sister, stop giving me headaches."

"Haha! You hear that? Be more like me!" Ophelia cackled in their faces, standing up to retreat upstairs.

~~~

Ophelia came down the stairs with a pencil tucked behind her ear, holding her phone close to her face she wondered into the kitchen, she stills had the book she had been reading early, only that she had less than a hundred pages left.

"Did he actually say no, or are you saying he said no because you don't want me there?" Johnny asked from the other end, she could hear the pout in his voice.

"Since when have I never wanted you around, Collins."

"Then I'm coming over, you know science is my worst subject if I get a B I'm done for, my mom will snap my neck."

"You're a good student."

"Doesn't matter."

Ophelia grunted looking at at her dad who was glaring at Jackson, "Daddy?"

"Hm?"

"Johnny's coming over."

"Alright," he shrugged.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Jackson started, "How come she's having someone over and I can't?!"

"She's inviting Johnny over to study," their dad rolled his eyes, "besides I like that boy, good head on his shoulders and his mother is terrifying but her oxtail is out of this world."

Very true.

Ophelia blocked out her family's bickering to speak into her phone, "You can come over but you're paying for take out."

"Oh thank god, see you later."

Hanging up, she tucked her phone into her back pocket and looked at her family.

"Anybody see my PDA?"

"Here."

"Thanks."

"Now dad," Miley started, "I know you already said no, but—I've been studying a lot! I sneezed a while ago and Algebra came out."