Book 1|4 It's time

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Yuan Ke. It seems you haven't changed all this millennia." Tian Yuan Ke chuckled, "Neither have you, it seems life's well with you here in Mount Yuxi. Of course if you're still grovelling about your clan's sins then..." "Yuan Ke!" Tian Xian interjected, eyeing him with a warning glareto keep him from saying more. "No need to silence him, Spring Immortal, I am fully aware of how the God of Plagues views me. Oh my, my apologies, it skipped my mind you were demoted to Immortal status. How shall I address you now, Yuan Ke? Junior Immortal, or younger brother?"

"You-!" "Enough, both of you!" Tian Xian snapped, annoyed by the two immortals' behavior. Before she could add more she noticed the firery primordial essence in Tian Yuan Ke's sleeve. "Ying Yuan?" Regaining his composure, Tian Yuan Ke revealed the firery primordial heart under his sleeve, allowing it to float softly on his palm. "He's hurt from the war, Heavenly Emperor ordered that he go through incarnation in order to recover some of his lost vitality."

"Why did he resurge to his true form, did the Heavenly Emperor refuse to give up his fate?" Yun Xi inquired, although he already knew the answer. With the Heavenly Emperor's insecure nature, he wouldn't give up his God of War's fate, much less even agree to him going through mortality. Maybe it was Primordial God Ji Ze's idea, he was always the wisest off the high deities.

Tian Yuan Ke nodded with a dejected look, "You know how he is, if not for Holy Seal Immortal we wouldn't even be here today." Yun Xi and Tian Xian stood surrounding Tian Yuan Ke, investigating the firery primordial heart. It had stable qi, enough to keep it aflame, but not enough to keep him through the portal. "We may have to come together and infused our primordial essence into him, only when he can take his human form can he go through the Portal of Rebirth."

"You cannot do that Yun Xi, you have cold qi, and while we have pure chaos inside of us, Ying Yuan can only thrive in pure yang fire. Neither of us have that." Tian Xian said with a tight voice. "Even if it's true, he'll die if we do nothing." Tian Yuan Ke retaliated fiercely, "We could separate yin and yang forces from the pure chaos inside of us. It should be enough to get him to regain his human form."

"That's dangerous and risky," Tian Xian rejected vehemently, "Not to mention that we have only read and never practised such, Divine Mother never even taught us such, how would we know what to do? Moreover, even if we do succeed, we'll be left with an imbalance of yin hence heighten our chances of devilizing. The Heavenly Emperor would never spare us if he even got a whiff of it."

"Do you really think I care about all that, what matters is Ying Yuan. Do you want his death to haunt us like Gaoshi's?" Yuan Ke knew he overstepped his boundaries when he said that, seeing his sister's eyes shift from worry to hurt. He had wounded his sister more than any weapon would just by uttering his name. Tian Xian took a staggering step back, making Yun Xi instinctively reach out to hold her, but she slightly waved his arm away from her.

"What did you just say?" Tian Xian whispered brokenly, a single tear stream falling from her left eye. Tian Yuan Ke regretted his words almost immediately, his face masked with a saddened frown, "I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way. I only meant..." "You meant that i didn't want to save Ying Yuan the same way i didn't save Gaoshi, right?" Tian Yuan Ke shook his head desperately denying his sister's words. "No, no, I would never mean that..."

Not allowing the conversation to go on, Tian Xian turned her back towards the two, "Since Spring Immortal is so incapable of saving Ying Yuan, I'll leave it to Winter Immortal. I wish you success. Farewell." With those words, Tian Xian teleported herself out of Mount Yuxi, leaving Tian Yuan Ke and Yun Xi staring at the place she once stood, disheartened.

A sudden shift of demeanor startled Yun Xi as Tian Yuan Ke took his hand and allowed the firery primordial heart to float softly to Yun Xi's palm, "I have to convince her, take care of Ying Yuan, we won't be long." Like his sister, Tian Yuan Ke teleported out of Mount Yuxi, leaving Yun Xi in the silence of his own breathing. Suddenly, Yun Xi vomited blood, making him fall to his knees. His internal injuries had been resurged because of the firery primordial hearts overbearing fire essence. With his weak cold qi, he could barely keep himself standing.

How was he supposed to take care of the God of War's heart?

"Immortal Lord, are you okay?" A young lady's voice laced with worry and apprehension rang in Yun Xi's ears. He was unfamiliar with it, but before he could turn to meet the young lady, an attractive, almost seductive scent of lily filled his senses before a beautiful youthful face appeared kneeling before him. She was beautiful indeed, reminding him of the poem, eyes like crystal, skin like snow, hair like waterfall , her presence brings heaven down.

"Who are you?" Rarely did he ask the question as he knew almost all the deities and immortals of the Six Realms. But she, he didn't know, and his heart desperately wanted to know. "I'm Qian, Divine Lady Nature's disciple. I'm here to face reincarnation, why are you so hurt?" Noticing the firery primordial heart in his hold, Qian exclaimed, "Are you seeking death? You clearly have cold qi, why are you holding such overbearing fire essence so close to you?"

Yun Xi shook his head, his eyes reluctant from looking away from the beauty in front of him. So she was Divine Lady Nature's disciple, such a beauty was the only one worthy of turning the Six Realms upside down, let alone Shangqing Realm. Qian the name echoed in his mind, he would never forget that name. "Why are you shaking your head, Immortal Lord, if you dare not part with this primordial heart you'll die!" Before Yun Xi could respond, Qian set herself down, crossing her legs under her bottom. She closed her eyes, allowing serenity to mask herself, her ethereal beauty leaving Yun Xi more breathless than before, his heart slamming loudly against his chest cavity.

Qian suppressed her cultivation into a giant pearl of celestial power, and strategically rooted it out of her body. Her features contorted with pain, blood oozing out of her lips, but not a single cry or moan left her, which left Yun Xi more impressed with her. The pearl glowed with the light of yin and yang, only confirming Qian's identity as one who cultivates Chaos. Slowly yet gracefully, the light colours of yang carefully formed a stream connecting to the firery primordial heart while the dark color of Yin formed a stream with Yun Xi at the end of it.

Yun Xi realized then that Qian was sacrificing her thousands of years worth of cultivation, enough to ascend her to godhood, on him and Ying Yuan. What did this mean. Was she tied to his fate, or was he tied to hers. Before long he could feel all his internal injuries slowly close up, already healed. However a voice came to him, a voice deep and unworldly. Yun Xi, it's time.