He was acting like a toddler throwing a tantrum over not getting his will. "Oh, I'm so sorry, the diva had a long flight," you throw your hands up. "This is ridiculous."

"One round," he challenges you. "Whoever wins, gets the spare bedroom."

"Please, guys, no fighting," Maddy pleads, standing next to you and gesture to Vinnie and his stupidly broad chest and round shoulders that look defined in his stupid cashmere sweater.

"He wants to play rock paper scissors over the bedroom," you point out.

"You brought it up first!" Vinnie retorts and Maddy lets out an annoyed groan.

"Okay, fine," you sight as if you were talking to a three-year-old. "One round."

You clench your hand into a fist and Vinnie does the same, albeit his fist is much bigger than yours and looks ridiculously large in comparison to your small fist. You shake your fists three times and form a scissor with your hand. Vinnie draws up the exact same shape.

"Tie," he mutters. "Repeat."

You almost roll your eyes but stop yourself, clenching your fist again. This time you leave your in a fist, forming a "rock" while Vinnie forms the scissor again. You can't help but notice how long his fingers are, pointer and middle finger adorned with pretty silver rings and you blink, bumping your fist against his hand. "Rock beats scissors," you smile smugly and as if your touch has burned him he retrieves his hand, flexing it.

"Fine," he grumbles. "But if i have back pain and neck strain it's going to be your fault."

"I can live with that," you reply with a triumphant grin. "Sleep well. On the sofa-bed."

He gives you another annoyed stare and you grab your remaining bags and head into the bedroom. The grin never leaved your face.

Vinnie 0 - 1 You

Time skip brought to you by emo demi lovato

The next day is spent on the slopes, skiing down the steep hill and riding the ski lift to do it all over again. It's a beautiful sunny day and even though it is icy cold, you feel warm enough in your ski suit and thermal underwear. You try to ignore Vinnie who is showing off his athletic skills on skis and the snowboard. And you just roll your eyes at him or ignore him completely every time he tries to challenge you to race him. You would just stay away from him as much as you could and maybe then, the trip would be just fine. Maybe then it would work.

After spending all afternoon in the snow you make your way back to the cottage to shower and get ready for Apres-Ski in town. You opt for a knitted wool dress and tights and keep your hair up in a sleek bun while Maddy goes all out in a sequined top and flare pants as if it was New Year's Eve already. The boys stay in cozy jumpers and you reluctantly follow Vinnie's lead to the waiting car. Maddy, ever the organised hoilday planner, has reserved a table for four a The Longhorn Saloon, a popular Apres-Ski location known for its party atmosphere. Located right at the base of the gondolas, you can already hear the loud music pumping as you approach the entrance. You take your seats at one of the small tables and order the nachos the place is well known for. Vinnie orders a round of beer for everyone and you let your gaze wonder over the party crowd. There was a group of men celebrating what looked like a bachelor's party, another group of blonde, tall guys that looked like finance bros, downing shots at the bar, and then mixed groups of people having fun and partying after another day in the snow.

The conversation is light and easy, as you go from one random topic to another, talking about mutual friends and sharing anecdotes when Jordan brings up a friend that has done someone else wrong and your table starts to debate and question if you can be friends with someone who has been mean to others. "I think there are boundaries to loyalty," Maddy explains, dipping a nacho into the delicious melted cheddar cheese. "I would consider myself a loyal friend but if my friend does someone else wrong, they might do the same to me. I don't think that's someone i would want to be friends with."