So you make conversation with Jordan and Maddy and promise to yourself to not pick a fight as soon as you would lay eyes on the spawn of Satan, errr, Vinnie.

Time skip brought to by the nesquik bunny

The cottage is beautiful and idyllic, perched on the top of the mountain. As a part of the ski resort, it was rented out throughout the ski season and you were lucky that you were able to make the reservation, obviously ignoring the face that Vinnie had made a call to secure the cottage during the most sought out week.

You carry your suitcase after you into the wooden house and take in the cosy living room. There is a small kitchen with a wooden dining table, a fireplace, and two comfortable-looking couches. You were starting to swear in your thick cable knit turtle neck jumper while carrying your suitcases into one of the bedrooms. The view is stunning, overlooking the snowy mountains in the distance and forest with its barren trees. After unpacking a few of your things, you make your way back to the living room area, just in time for the VIP guest to arrive. You almost roll your eyes at the black Tesla Vinnie is driving and cross your arms in front of your chest as he enters the cottage, wearing a cashmere jumper and black pants, looking like he fell out of a Hilfiger ad for the hoildays.

"Hey, man, how are you doing," Vinnie grins, giving Jordan a brotherly hug before greeting Maddy just as warmly. As soon as his gaze lands on you, he gives you a small curt nod and you nod back, not giving him the courtesy of a smile.

"We just started unpacking," Maddy says, gesturing around. "Have you guys picked your rooms yet?"

"Yes, i'm in the last room on the right," you explain with a shrug and Maddy frowns, looking at the hallway and then at her phone, as if she was realizing something. You know your friend well enough to know that something was up.

"Hold up," Maddy mumbles, checking the reservation on her phone. "Are there only two bedrooms?"

Vinnie looks around, swiftly making his way down the narrow corridor. He peeks into the room you have occupied and then into the other free bedroom that hold another double bed. "Yup, two bedrooms with double beds, that's it," he stated, coming back into the living room while Maddy is pacing around, reading the reservation E-Mail.

"There must've been a mistake. I booked three rooms. One for Jordan and me and two seperate bedrooms for the two of you. Obviously," she adds, which makes Vinnie let out a snort.

Yeah, as if you would share a room with him.

He glares at you and you roll your eyes in annoyance.

"Hey, but the couch could work. Look, it's a pull-out sofa," Jordan exclaims, pushing down on the cushions and pulling out the sofa bed. "This way on of you guys can sleep here and Mads and i take the master bedroom."

Vinnie exhales in defeat. "Sucks being single," he mutters under his breath and Jordan playfully boxes his upper arm.

"Come on bro, the sofa doesn't look too bad."

"Now, who said i am going to sleep on the sofa?" Vinnie responds, diverting his gaze to you. "Y/n could take the sofa and i get the the other bedroom."

"No way," you protest immediately. "First come, first serve. I've already unpacked." You give your opponent a hard stare and Vinnie clenches his jaw.

"What? Do you want to play rock, paper, scissors over who get the bedroom?" you mock with a sarcastic half-laugh and Vinnie tilts his chin up.

"Yeah, why not? I don't get why you would get the bedroom when i just got off a flight and am much taller than you which would make sleeping on the sofa bed extremely uncomfortable," He towers over you and you refuse to look up. You shoot Maddy a look that says 'i told you so'.