Chapters 276 - 280

Start from the beginning

This was outrageous. What love was there to talk about when he's from that kind of organization! He only wanted to use Qiao Yue to provoke the Godfather.

"Don't you do anything to Jin Lu. You just want to hold me hostage for the Godfather, right? I can go with you. Just let my brother and Jin Lu go. I will leave with you." Qiao Yue said coldly.

Since he was coming for her and was a member of the organization, she didn't mind giving him a taste of his own medicine.

What was the point of threatening her with men from KA?

"Your brother? Those good-for-nothings from the Qiao family?" Andy frowned. "I didn't do anything to them."

"Oswald, your nephew, he's also one of Godfather's men. Did he also betray the Godfather and flee with you? You were the ones who killed Trand, right?"

The man in front of the camera frowned, as if he didn't understand Qiao Yue's words.

"Oswald?" His expression turned ugly in an instant. "Is he also a member of the organization? What else do you know? Tell me!"

Andy seemed flustered at the moment, but he quickly regained his composure and pretended to be calm as he negotiated with Qiao Yue.

"I know what you want. Like I said, you can take me hostage." Qiao Yue said coldly.

Suddenly, the sound of a helicopter was heard, and a few gunshots burst through the windows.

Qiao Yue quickly squatted down and used the table as cover.

The windows were broken, and several people in bulletproof suits with olive branches painted on them broke into Qiao Yue's room.

_____________________

Chapter 277: The Custodian

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

They walked into the room with their guns.

Qiao Yue's surveillance computer had just been shot through by a bullet. The monitor displayed no images now and the sound of a wheezing bullet rang from its speakers.

If Qiao Yue guessed correctly, these were people from the internationally famous organization, The Custodians!

With olive branches as their logo, The Custodians were backed by a charity consortium.

They would go around and the world and destroy illegal, drug-related organizations. Word had it that they hired ex-UN peacekeeping troopers. They were a pure non-profit organization.

Qiao Yue should be able to get out with their help.

The few of them slowly scanned the room for people with infrared detectors, moving towards the door. Qiao Yue stood up. "Hello, you are from The Custodians, right?"

More than a dozen guns were immediately aimed at Qiao Yue.

"Who's there?"

The men looked at Qiao Yue warily.

"If I'm not wrong, you're here to arrest Andy tonight, right?" Qiao Yue asked.

Since things had come to this, Qiao Yue could only take a gamble.

A flashlight shone on Qiao Yue's face. Qiao Yue didn't close her eyes under the glare. Instead, she looked at the people in front of her.

Light also shone on the men's faces. They were all wearing gas masks, so it was almost impossible to see their faces.

The leader's gaze lingered on Qiao Yue, as if he was stunned.

"Weapons down," The man ordered.

"Colonel Su?" The rest of the team asked.