Prologue

A six-year-old child ran next door in tears. He knocks on the door frantically. A woman opens the door and gasps in surprise and horror.

"Get inside quickly!"

There the child stood, rain falling down his face. They mixed with his tears, so nobody could tell what was rain and what was the child's sadness. He was ushered inside and the woman begins to dry him.

"What happened this time?" She asks. The boy shakes his head, indicating that he didn't want to talk about it right now. Another boy, younger than the first, was watching from the next room, feeling terrible for the boy in front of him.

The woman sees the other boy and gestures for the first boy to join him. The boy runs over to the other boy and hugs him tightly. The second boy leads him into his bedroom, where a young girl was sitting. At the sight of the two, the girl stands up.

"Is he okay?" She asks. The second boy shrugs.

"I'm not sure, Sally," he says. The first boy looks at him.

"Willy, what do I do now?" He asks. Willy sighs.

"I don't know, Solace. I've told you so many times that you can move in with Mom and I," Willy says. Sally nods.

"You could move in with any of us," she says.

"You both know that I can't," Solace says. "Who will protect you guys from their wrath? I have to stay, or they will hurt you all."

"Sol, we can protect ourselves," Willy says. "Besides, with everything going on, I don't want you to be driven to kill yourself."

Sally and Solace give him a look. "Willy..." Sally starts.

"You know how old I am, correct?" Solace finishes. He hugs Willy. "I wouldn't do that anyway. As long as you two are in my life, I am okay with my life."

"Some day, we won't be there for you, Sol," Willy says. "You can't always rely on us."

"I'm aware, but I'm going to cherish this while I can," Solace says. "I love you guys."

"We love you too, Solace," Sally and Willy say simultaneously, hugging him. Solace smiles.

What none of them see is the figure watching them from outside the house. The being surrounded by yellow sparkles that was watching over Solace.

Of course, the boy didn't know that said angel was there. The being wouldn't let him know until it was time. The being had big plans for the boy.

The devil is real.

The poor boy didn't deserve this type of torture and the being wanted to help him. But at the same time, he couldn't help but see the boy, or Solace as he heard, as a toy. A puppet.

Of course, he couldn't actually love the child. And devil didn't. But that didn't mean that they couldn't manipulate him.

He isn't a little red man with horns and a tail.

He saw the two other kids as threats that needed to be disposed of. It was necessary for the plan. So what if Solace was close to them? Devil didn't care.

He can be beautiful.

The being disappears as they teleport away. Waiting for devil were three other figures. One was in the shadows, unable to be seen, but the other two were visible. Alternate Gabriel and the Intruder were waiting for him.

The being rolls his eyes. "What do you two want?"

"We want to know about that kid," Alternate Gabriel says immediately.

"Absolutely not," devil hisses. "He's my prey."

Cause he's a fallen angel.

"We won't take him from you," the Intruder says. "You got to him first."

"Good," they say, smirking. "Because that child was my prey."

And he used to be God's favorite.

630 words