C1 | Fantasmical

Greetings fantasy enthusiasts!

Do you think you have what it takes to create a fantasmical character that can overcome any obstacle?

To start your summer off, some of us have joined hands to bring you Fantasmical where we ask you to create a one-of-a-kind character that can withstand the magical challenges set before you by each of our collaborating profiles. These include:

Fantasy

Highfantasy

Lowfantasy

Magic

MythandLegend

Retold

Talesofthedeep

WattpadAsianFantasy

WattpadDarkFantasy

WattpadHornsandHalos

WattpadUrbanFantasy

WattpadWitches

*

T I M E L I N E

22 May to 31 May: This period is dedicated to creating your character.

Even if you missed these dates, you can still join in. The deadline for sending in your original characters is 5th June 2023 at midnight EST.

1st June: The various prompts by the profiles mentioned above will go live.

This is where you will use the character you created and submitted to write your stories. There will be 12 prompts in total and the challenge before you will be to write for as many prompts as possible. The deadline for sending all submissions is 30 June 2023 at midnight EST.

Fantasmical Fridays

Every Friday, new activities will appear on our message boards (across all profiles) that you can answer to gain additional points. You have to use the hashtag #Fantasmical in your replies to let us know that you are a participant.

*

S C O R I N G

The points that we mentioned above will all be counted towards our top 3 favourite characters and 3 overall winners based on participation (highest number of points). The scoring will work in the following order:

Creating and submitting a character: a score out of 10 points

Each prompt you submit a story for: 10 points

For every Fantasmical Friday activity you do: 5 points

*

G U I D E LI N E S

All entries must be in English.

Word count per prompt should be between 500 to 1000 words.

You can post your entries as standalone stories or within one anthology.

Only one character per person. And only one story per prompt.

No fanfiction is allowed for this contest. We want your characters to be original.

Make sure that you follow Wattpad's Code of Conduct and Content Guidelines.

*

F A Q s

Do you accept diverse characters?

We sure do! In fact, we encourage it!

Do you accept characters from fandoms?

For this contest, we're specifically looking for original characters. Your characters can still be inspired by existing characters (including celebrities), but you must make them your own.

Can I post all of my stories in one collection?

Feel free to do that! Just make sure that each story must be its own chapter.

Do I have to write for each prompt?

It's entirely up to you. However, the more you participate, the more your score.

Can I change my character during the contest?

Not once you've submitted your character. Take it as a challenge to make your character fit the prompts.

Can I create more than one character?

You can only submit one main character for the contest which you will use for the prompts. However, side characters are not included in this limitation.

*

P R I Z E S

The 3 best characters will get:

A sticker

A shoutout from participating profiles

The 3 overall winners based on participation will get:

A sash

A shoutout from participating profiles

A feature in the Fantasmical anthology on participating profiles

The 12 prompt winners based on written stories will get:

A sticker

A shoutout from participating profiles

A feature in the Fantasmical anthology of the profile whose prompt you won

A feature in the reading list of the profile whose prompt you won

*

D I S C L A I M E R

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.