Chapter 216 - 220

Start from the beginning

Qiao Xin glared at Qiao Yue with hatred. "Just you wait. Do you think that I won't complain about you to my parents when I get home? You'll suffer the consequences then."

Qiao Yue shrugged indifferently. She wasn't afraid of any complaints.

True enough, Qiao Xin was very enthusiastic during dinner. She picked up food for the old master and brought snacks for everyone.

Old Master Qiao was a little confused by Qiao Xin's hospitality. Ever since he came home from abroad, his relationship with Qiao Xin wasn't as good as before.

"Qiao Xin, do you have something to say to everyone today?" Old Master Qiao asked.

Qiao Xin smiled and glanced at Qiao Yue. "It's nothing much. I'm going to sign a contract with an entertainment company soon, so I want to celebrate with everyone."

An entertainment company?

Qiao Ze and Qiao Jing both turned to look at Qiao Xin.

"The Qiao family is also in the entertainment business, and I have a studio. Why didn't I see you signing a contract with my studio?" Qiao Ze asked.

Qiao Xin shook her head. "I also want to have my own career like you and first brother and not rely on the family. So, I contacted AT Company from D-Country."

Qiao Jing frowned.

He knew about AT. This company had also recently signed with many artistes from C-Country, in a high-profile manner.

_______________________

Chapter 217: Beware of Scammers

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

"I've heard about this AT. From what I know, they don't have any established artistes yet. How do you know that they're reliable?" Qiao Ze said with a frown to Qiao Xin.

He had access to gossip like this in the entertainment industry. Many companies had bad records, such as embedding unfair clauses in contracts with new artistes, or deliberately tricking them into paying penalty fees for contract breach.

Qiao Ze didn't rely on his family's connections when he joined the industry. It was only because he was lucky to have met a manager who really wanted to take care of him, or he might have been scammed badly.

Qiao Xin was a little angry. Why was her family's attitude like this when she announced that she was going to have her own career? Shouldn't they congratulate her?

"Xiao Ze is right. Since you're going down this path, you can't just choose any random company. You should let your second and third brothers check it out."

Old Master Qiao also agreed with her cousins.

Qiao Xin was going to use this opportunity to complain about Qiao Yue. She didn't expect her family to be worried about her being scammed, so she didn't say anything.

"Do you have so little confidence in me? I've made up my mind about having my own career."

"Qiao Xin, you still need to be capable of managing your own career, right?" Qiao Yu said uncharacteristically with sarcasm.

Qiao Yu was usually very polite, but he had just blatantly dissed Qiao Xin, which confused people.

"Fourth brother, why aren't you speaking up for me?"

Qiao Yu shook his head and chuckled. "When I passed by the rehearsal studios today, I accidentally heard your singing. I feel that you don't have what it takes to be an artiste."