iii. james potter

chapter iii ━━ james potter

🦋

      James Potter wasn't an enigma.

      (Haha!)

      What? It's a fact!

      In fact, James Fleamont Potter (Yes, that's the extent of Rhea's abilities in researching if she really put her mind to it), was an open book. You could know a lot about him by just observing him for a mere thirty minutes, other than what was already known about him—that is, him being roguishly handsome and the Gryffindor sweetheart.

      Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration—but she wasn't wrong. For instance, she already knew that James's favourite colour was red and his favourite dessert was Treacle Tart with yoghurt. And she also overheard that James and his friends were planning to play a prank on Filch, the caretaker. And she'd heard all this by taking the workstation across The Marauders for Herbology.

      (They call themselves 'The Marauders'!  Ha, how stupid is that!)

      The point of all this is that Rhea had already managed to learn a few things about James—and that furthered her thought that James would make a good (potential) boyfriend for Freya.

      And Freya was a fucking genius for reminding her of that potential 'match made in heaven'! And it helped a lot if Freya already fancied James.

      It honestly surprised her how she'd never thought about this before! She saw the potential now—James and Freya were both 'sunshine personified'. And it didn't end there! Both of them were loud and easily seen (as much as she didn't want to say the 'loud' part, it was true), liked Quidditch and flying lessons, and enjoyed songs written by a very morbid vampire singer of the wizarding community.

       (All good signs! Right?)

      Now, obvious signs aside, Rhea thought that James was good for Freya. As someone who was neglected while growing up, Freya craved affection and reassurance sometimes. Although she never showed it, Rhea knew. Though unsaid, the weight of it plagued some of Freya's words and crept into her actions in subtle ways. And Rhea thought that James was a person who was gifted in the art of understanding a person.