Punching Bag

The three days went like a breeze. Not much coming from Roux as he stayed home and do nothing much. He did do his daily routine, went for a jog for 10 kilometers in the morning and at night, calisthenics workout at home and do house chores.

Other than that he does go out do his own thing with his mask. Gwen also came around to visit him for the last three days and sometimes she brought snacks.

Roux did sometimes procrastinate from learning, playing video games and whatnot.

And before he realised the three days had pass and he went back to school. It was already stt he end of school, Roux was outside waiting for Gwen to come out from her class.

She eventually came out with the look of frustration. As soon as she spots Roux, her expression soften. She jogged her way to Roux.

"Man, took you long enough. If you would've taken longer, I might kick that child over there just for the fun of it." Roux spoke, pointing at the child who looks like one of those parents saying they look cute but actually they don't. He placed his phone back inside his pocket.

"Stop whining, will you? Come on, I've had enough of school." Gwen began to walk and Roux tailing her from behind.

"How come you haven't join any band yet?" Roux mentioned, now walking shoulder to shoulder with Gwen.

Last time when Gwen got to join a band that was recommended by Roux, it ended up with the rest of the band members kicking her out and they went to the hospital afterwards. Of course, Roux is the one who beated them up and pretty sure they had concussions and forgot how to play their designated music instruments.

Gwen merely shrugged, "Maybe I don't wanna be in a band yet. Maybe I could start a band and you'll be my first mate." She said smiling at Roux.

"Hard pass. Besides, I'm not that good."

"Wha- you ARE good! You're the best guitarist I've known!"

"We only did one song, Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy."

"Ughh, don't say my full name, man. Besides, that one song was the greatest riff you did dude!"

"I'm flattered but still won't do bands." Roux declined.

"Which was it? All I know we did Ludwig van Beethoven song. Is it Fur Elise?"

"How can you not compare between Beethoven's songs?! It's Moonlight Sonata!"

"How can that be Sonata?! The first several keys isn't the same as he played!"

"It's the third movement!"

"Why are you shouting?!"

"I don't know!"

"Well, then. Let's just stop there. We're gonna end up screaming at the top of our lungs."

They continued to walked the rest of the way until they reached Gwen's house. "You have plans tonight?" Roux asked.

"Yeah. Schoolwork, schoolwork and more schoolwork." Stated Gwen. Roux groaned from her answer.

"Man, you've been busy all week." He complained.

"Well, what can I do, really? This is only highschool, imagine college. Better yet, imagine University."

"Can't, my brain can't braining anymore."

"Well, I have to go. See you in school." Gwen goodbyed before entering her house.

Roux simply waved as she closed the door.

Roux sighed before walking away from the area. He decided to visit the nearest convenient store which was within the city. His apartment was also in the city, somewhere in Midtown.