❛𝐍𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐘❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

Ji Ah and Hye Jin were sitting at the entrance of the house beside each other. Neither of them spoke a word since Rang left the women after warning Ji Ah to stay away from Yeon and Hye Jin.

While Ji Ah was trying to connect the words Rang said to what she knows, Hye Jin was bursting with nervous energy.

Hye-Jin's POV

What did he mean when he said Ji Ah should not trust me?! Ugh! I swear when I see him again, which will be soon, I'll strangle him with my own hands!

I turned my head to my left to look at her. Ji Ah wasn't displaying any emotion nor she said a word to me after Rang left. I'm afraid she almost believes what he said. As I decided to talk to her, we both heard hurried footsteps coming towards us which I assume is Yeon's.

3ed Person POV

Yeon ran up to them, as soon as he reached the house he could sense Rang's essence. He cursed under his breath. He looked at Ji Ah and then Hye Jin, wanting to know what had happened.

"He's gone." Ji Ah said monotonously without looking up.

"And you're not harmed?" he asked scanning her to see any signs of injury. "What did that brat Lee Rang say?"

"He said he can find my parents."

Yeon grimaced and asked. "So?"

Ji Ah got up and started walking forward. "I never choose anything half and half, even for chicken. I only choose one thing."

Yeon followed her and asked, "What does that mean."

"Wow, they forgot about me." Hye Jin mumbled, scoffing.

"I said no to your brother. Because I bet on the fox right in front of me." Ji Ah said looking at Yeon.

Hye Jin rolled her eyes and spoke in her mind. And what about me? Didn't I stop you?

"You really are a woman with knowledge." Yeon praised her. "Is that all?" he asked looking at Ji Ah and then at Hye Jin.

"Finally! Someone noticed I exist!" Hye Jin mumbled glaring at Yeon who got confused at her expression.

"That's all." Ji Ah said.

"That's all? Seriously Ji Ah?" Hye Jin said, not noticing her voice had raised. "Okay I understand about Yeon but what about me? Aren't you gonna question me about it?"

Ji Ah and Yeon looked at her with wide eyes as she exploded.

"Jinnie-"

"No! Don't you want to ask why he said to not trust me?" Hye Jin questioned. She didn't understand why she was getting this angry. She then felt it, the bad energy.

"Even if I ask you won't answer Hye Jin! I tried many times to ask how you knew certain things which came to be true. Even that tree spirit said you know the answers and when I ask you always reply with 'I'll tell you later.' so how about you answer now?" Ji Ah said without letting anyone intervene.

"I- I can't say anything! Or something bad might happen." Hye Jin tried to explain, calmly.

"Well then that's the problem, you think something might happen but you don't know if it will."

"You don't understand Ji Ah!"

"Then make me understand! Tell me what's bothering you. I have seen how you changed over these weeks."

"I'm sorry I can't say anything right now-"

"Well, then I can't trust you then."

"What?" Hye Jin's eyes were widened. "You can't be serious."

"I am. Talk to me when you can talk about what's bothering you." saying that she walked away.

Yeon and Hye Jin stood still, watching her leave. Yeon turned to look at her with an unexplainable expression. He opened his mouth to question her but with just a glare from Hye Jin, he shut his mouth.

Hye-Jin's POV

What was it that made me explode like that? It felt negative for sure but this didn't happen in the show. Well come to think of it, Ji-Ah and Yeon were supposed to eat cup noodles and have a heartfelt conversation and then Yeon would have walked off to somewhere where he gets a call from Shin Joo-

My thoughts were interrupted by a ringing phone, it was Yeon's. He picked it up and walked a few feet away from me.

Okay, that was a call from Shin Joo. Thank God something was going on with the plot. But what happened with Ji Ah and I? I should ask Granny, she's the only one who can answer my questions, well that is if she knows.

I didn't notice I was walking back and forth on the path in front of the house, I also didn't notice Yeon had come back and watched me as I moved. After watching me for a while he got irritated and stood in my way to stop me from pacing even more.

"If you pace even longer, I will get dizzy. Now tell me what's wrong?" Yeon said making me sigh.

"Do you trust me?" I asked him.

"What? Hye Jin, I know I don't know you for a long time but you are acting strange."

"I know! It's just that I don't want to make things worse. I'll tell you and Ji Ah as soon as I can. I just need some answers from Granny."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

POSTED: June 02, 2023
EDITED: August 05, 2023
WORDS: 919