Problem Children and An Important Talk

Start from the beginning

"He talks about us to you?" Midoriya said nervously.

"Mhm, it's kinda cute actually. He really does care about you all, though he doesn't show it," I laughed.

"That's good to hear," Iida smiled.

"So, you came all the way here just to check on us?" Todoroki spoke up.

"Yes, Aizawa's been really worried about all of you, but he hasn't been able to find the time to visit you. I was worried too, so I came here myself," I explained.

"How did the receptionist let you in?" Todoroki raised a brow. Ah, he was still suspicious. I didn't blame him, of course. They had just been involved in something traumatic.

"I may have lied just a tiny bit and told her that I was here in place of Aizawa," I said sheepishly.

"Well, you certainly are determined," Iida smiled. I hummed in response and suddenly felt a little awkward. I didn't really plan on doing anything except talking to these kids, but now I had no idea what to say. What was the big deal anyway? They were just 15-year-old boys, why was I so nervous?

"Sorry for prying Ms. Okazaki, but are you alright? You seem a little tense," Midoriya said nervously. Great, even he could see my shyness.

"I'm sorry, I know this may seem silly, but I wanted to make a good impression. Aizawa is very important to me, and I've wanted to meet some of you for a while, so I guess I'm just a little nervous," I facepalmed myself internally. What was wrong with me? They were just kids! It wasn't like I was talking to the entire hero commission or something!

"I think I understand," Iida spoke up. "You don't want to paint our teacher as a bad guy, so you want to make a good first impression."

"It's okay Ms. Okazaki! If it helps, I think you're a great person!" Midoriya grinned.

"Yeah, we like you," Todoroki said. Jeez, these boys were so sweet and understanding. I could tell they were more mature than they let on.

"Aren't you three sweet?" I giggled. "Thank you, I can see why Aizawa likes you."

"Wow, Mr. Aizawa must be much different when he's around you then," Midoriya laughed.

"What do you mean? He's not being rude to you all is he?" I playfully scowled.

"Not exactly, he's just very strict with us," Iida explained in embarrassment. "He pushes us hard, but that's what makes us better heroes."

"He's lazy sometimes, though," Todoroki said bluntly. The other two looked at him in horror, but I tried to hide my laughs.

"Todoroki, you can't just say that!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Why not?" He raised a brow.

"Because it's rude, that's why!" Iida waved his good arm up and down like a robot, which was strange but I didn't comment on it.

"It's alright, Iida, I like hearing other people's perspectives on Aizawa. So he really is different huh? Well, he sounds like a good teacher," I smiled fondly. Just talking about him made butterflies explode throughout my stomach.

"Don't worry Ms. Okazaki, he is a good teacher," he paused. "It's just that, sometimes it's hard to keep up with his style of teaching."

"Every teacher has his or her own way of teaching, even if it's not something you like," I said. "You three seem like you're respecting him, though, even if he's hard on you. I know it's hard to believe, but he really does care about his class. He just has a weird way of showing it, that's all."

"Thank you Ms. Okazaki," Iida bowed his head, "we'll try to remember that the next time we think something is too challenging."

"Besides, sometimes the things he has us do is fun! I'm just glad I got into this class!" Midoriya laughed. Todoroki just nodded. He seemed to be a quiet kid, so I didn't force him to talk or anything. After my nerves finally seemed to quiet down, I offered the kids some of the sweets that I bought for them. They even shared them with me, though I first reassured them that I didn't need to have them. These kids were so polite and sweet. I could tell they each had a story to tell, with the way they seemed to be wiser than the average high-schooler.