Chapter 2 The Heiress Choice

En başından başla

Unbothered by everyone's sourness, she gestures to the waiter, holding a tray full of filled champagne glasses, to come.

"Here" She pick up two glasses and handed the other to the waiter beside her. But he was reluctant to accept.

"I'm still on duty, Madame" Politely, he declines.

"Let the guy earn his living, Abigail. Stop this nonsense" Seeing the man's awkwardness, her dad interjected. But she ignores him. Instead, she turns to face the waiter.

"Consider today as your day off. And tonight you will be my date" she insisted while staring him straight in the eyes.

"Pardon me, Madame. I still have a lot to do" Despite her persistence, he calmly excuses himself and is about to leave. But Abby was not deterred. She tightens her hold on his arm.

"I will pay you" she mutters with a clenched jaw. His refusal doesn't sit well with her. But she doesn't feel insulted, it's something else.

"I don't need your money" Despite being surrounded by a crowd, the man made sure that only she could see the glint of cold warning in his eyes.

She recognized his warning. But instead of being scared, she was rather bewildered. No one would dare resist her, more so warn her in such a way. The man started to stir her curiosity. And even with her earnest gaze boring on him she sees no hint of intimidation from him.

"Abigail, enough of this craziness. I will send you home" Her father interrupted their silent duel.

"The celebration is not yet over, Dad" She turns to her father and smiles before turning back to the man she was holding.

She no longer cares about anyone. Her whole attention was snatched by the meek man with a raging fire in his eyes.

"Let's celebrate" With a stern tone but a sweet smile, she holds the man's hand to put his supposed drink.

As she enfolds his huge hand into her smaller ones. Forcing him to accept, she looks at him with a warning.

"Excuse us, Dad. I want a private moment with my date" she announces without tearing her gaze away from the man.

Her charade has earned different reactions. Her father was aghast with her stubbornness while others see it as shamelessness and rebellion.

While most of the guests are in complete confusion, a triumphant smirk forms on Alice's lips. But she was careful not to be noticed.

Justin, on the other hand, is stiffly standing on his spot. Looking quite disconcerted, especially when Abby started to leave with the waiter in tow.

"Abby...please...stop..." For no apparent reason, Justin's hand suddenly grab Abby's arm, halting her from walking away.

If Abby was startled, Alice was stunned together with Karen and the entire Del Castillo entourage. No one had expected Justin's action. More so Justin's pleading expression.

Abby stares straight into his eyes for a long moment as tense silence rules the venue. Despite all the attention fixed on them, Justin did not let her go. Afraid she will indeed leave with another man.

"Abby, can we talk, please" he begged, unbothered by everyone's take on his action. Especially Alice who is still in shock.

Aghast, Abby continues to stare at Justin's pleading eyes before she slowly looks down at the hand grabbing her arm.

"Justin..." Simone softly calls her son but she got nothing.

"We need to talk, Abby. Please let me explain" Instead, Justin continues to beg.