"I believe that's it," I said as I stood. "Oh, wait, there is one more thing." Right on cue, a bunch of dogs were howling outside of the building. "Since I'm the Dog Zodiac, you'll be seeing a lot of them here. I can't really control that part, though." I slightly bowed my head. "I'm sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you."

Ranpo plopped the rest of his chips into his mouth as he looked at Atsushi. "So you want Mr. Director to give her a job?"

"If - If it's not too much trouble?" Atsushi stuttered. "It's too dangerous out there for her."

"And we could always use another hand," Dazai added. I nearly jumped when he grabbed my hand. He used his fingers to trace delicate patterns on my palm. "I am behind on paperwork."

"YOU JUST WANT HER TO DO YOUR WORK, DAZAI!" Kunikida shouted.

I quickly pulled my hand away from Dazai, ignoring the small blush that appeared on my cheeks. "I know I won't be much of help but -"

Fukuzawa held his hand up. "I don't know your reason for leaving your home. But Atsushi is right. It's dangerous out there and, with your curse, who knows what will happen if you run into the wrong people."

It's dangerous if they meet Akito.

"Does this mean she can stay?" Atsushi questioned.

"She can start tomorrow."

I felt bandaged hands grab me before my body got yanked toward Dazai's chest. "Isn't this great?! My little puppy can stay with us."

Poof.

The whole agency was giving Dazai an annoyed look as I turned into a dog. I sighed in annoyance, much like everyone else, as he rubbed my head again.  What have I gotten myself into?

》》》》

My body shook as stared at the phone. Fukuzawa is nice enough to let me stay but he wanted me to call my family to let them know I'm ok. I'm just...scared of what they're gonna say to me. Would they be happy I left? Would they try to get me to come home? My worst fear would be Akito magically picking up the phone first because that's how bad my luck is.

Just the thought of Akito picking up made my pulse race. I could feel the bile rise in my throat as my hands shook. 

"Don't be scared, Hiromi," I muttered to myself. "It's just one phone call. It'll be quick." I reached for the phone as I gulped. My fingers shook as I began dialing my house number. I let out a shaky breath as the phone rang.

"Hello?" I heard a motherly tone I grew fond of.

"Toru," I breathed happily.

I heard her gasp on the other end. "Hiromi!" Something crashed from her end. "Oh, my god, you're ok. I mean, I hope you're ok. Wait, are you ok?"

"I'm doing great."

I heard something rustling, like the phone being yanked away from Toru before Kyo's loud voice shouted, "You've got a lot of nerve calling after three days! Where the hell are you?!"

"I'm fine, Kyo. I actually met a bunch of nice people and they're letting me stay with them."

"YOU'RE STAYING WITH COMPLETE STRANGERS?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW STUPID THAT IS?!"

A small smile appeared on my face when I heard Kyo grunting before another loud crash could be heard.

"It's the first time we've heard from her in three days. I'm sure she doesn't want to hear you yelling at her, stupid cat," I heard Yuki scold before his voice overtook the phone. "How are you, Hiromi?"