"nahh.. he died a couple of years ago. it's just me, my ma and my big brother." kayden explained, "why?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"where is your older brother then, if you don't mind me asking." the officer said, looking behind kayden and into the home.

"he's not in trouble, we just have a couple of questions for y'all." the officer that stood behind the other one assured kayden.

"he onna way, i got him onna phone if you wanna talk to him." kayden said, holding the phone up.

"nah, we'd rather have this talk in person. how far out is he?"

"tell em' i'm not too far, i just pulled into the neighborhood." kaizen said, kayden holding up the phone closer to the officers ear so he could hear.

——

——

once kaizen made it, he parked in front of his home and got out of the car along with nick.

"i'mma see you later, mama." kaizen said, giving nick a quick hug.

"alright, lemme know how whatever this is goes." nick said, hugging him back before making his way to his car. kaizen took a deep breath and walked up to his home.

kai opened the front door to see the two officers standing in his living room conversating. he peaked into the kitchen to see yamari and kayden standing there eating ramen noodle's together. he walked into the living room, the two officers looking up at them.

"hey, good afternoon." one of the officers stood up, walking over to shake kaizen's hand. "i'm officer woods and this is officer paul." the black man spoke as he shook his hand.

"nice to meet y'all, uh.. if y'all don't mind me askin' what y'all hea' fa?" kaizen asked as he stood back from the officer.

"your mother, sherhonda, when was the last time you seen her?" kaizen scrunched his face up in confusion, wondering why they were asking about his mother.

"ian seen ha' inna couple of weeks, i was onna phone with her a couple of days ago. why, what happened?" kaizen questioned as he felt himself get nervous. don't get him wrong, he really despised his mother with all of his heart, but that is still his mother.

he still loved her no matter what, even after everything that she has done to him. he didn't know if he could process another death. he also didn't know how big of an impact that it could make on kayden. he knew it was going to happen soon, he just didn't know when.

"you might wanna sit down for this" officer woods said. kaizen listened and sat down on the other couch.

"we recently found a body near the police station. i'm afraid that your mother was murdered this morning. we are still investigating everything." officer paul stated with a concerned look on his face. "do y'all have any remote family members that you guys could stay with?" he then asked, looked at kaizen with a stern face. kaizen shook his head no as he felt his palms become sweaty.

𝐒𝐥𝗼𝐰 𝐃𝗼𝐰𝐧 || 𝐆𝗺𝐤𝐱𝐘𝐛On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara