What In Merlin's Name Is Going On?

Start from the beginning

"I am an aboination. I am a monster." Nova shrugged, sighting off her memory. "I didnt want Harry having another row with the woman, or better yet Minnie McGee.

The two boys opened their mouths to respond, but Nova cut them off.

"Now for why you are here," She said. "Harry and I are teaching secret Defense classes. You two are welcomed to come. Just keep it quiet. It's illegal because of the pink toad. If she won't teach us, then someone ought to."

James and Sirius shared a wicked grin. Their children carrying the mantle of causing chaos. Meanwhile, Lily was trying to get over the fact James' son and Sirius' daughter were doing something to further their peers' studies. Then again, she supposed that was Remus' influence and whoever was unfortunate enough to marry James.

"Let me guess, it was your idea," Theo remarked with a grin. 

"Hermione's actually," Nova grinned wickedly.

"I think you have been a bad influence on her," Blaise snorted. "Must've been all the rule breaking adventures. First the Philosopher's stone. Then, the Chamber of Secrets. Then, discovering Sirius Black's innocence. Finally, the tournament and quite literally dueling You-Know-Who. Not to mention all of the other things you've decided to pull."

The time travelers' eyes bulged from their heads. Lily scribbled furiously on her paper, recording everything they said. The group continued to listen to the trio's conversation.

"You ought to be going before Potter sends out a search party," Theo snickered. "Merlin forbid disappear, that boy would burn the world to find you."

"Leave him alone," Blaise elbowed Theo. "It's sweet. Almost sickly sweet, but still sweet."

"I hate both of you," Nova groaned, her head falling to the desk.

"Explain to me again why we can't be seen together," Theo inquired. "Seems rather stupid."

"Because, Nott, there is a war brewing," Nova rolled her eyes. "We all know your parents are involved in some way, whether or not you agree with them. Blaise, your mum is chosing neutrality and staying out of it, which means you are too."

"Oh come on, Nox. Whas heritage ever meant something to you?" Blaise questioned shortly. "You were prepared to take on a muggle name to stop being a Black."

Sirius couldn't say he disagreed. He had also considered it, but figured keeping it would anger his family more; a blood traitor that loves muggle things and werewolves. Yet, his mind was racing, what had he done? Did he turn into his parents? There was mention of him being a mass murderer...what had he done?

"You two aren't getting it," Nova huffed before straightening and her voice becoming stronger. "Being my fathers' miracle baby with strong magic, puts a target on my back. I will either need to chose between Voldemort's side or Harry's. We all know which one I am chosing, and I dont have what it takes to be a spy for the resistance. I have my Da's anger and nobility. Bloody genetics."

"You want us to spy for you?"

"Not necessarily. I need help getting pureblood wanting to desert out. I cant do that on my own," Nova whispered. "If you two are up for it, then yes."

There was silence for several grueling moments.

"I will," Blaise finally said at last. "I dont want anymore children being forced to fight and die for that man."

"If Blaise is, then I will," Theo nodded. "Although, I wish it us that could leave."

"I know, Theo," Nova murmmered sadly. "You leaving puts a target on your back. You have him there all of the time, it is only a matter of time before he gives you an order to spy on Dumbledore or something. Once you are given that assignment, and fail, he will send people to kill you. Why do you think my Uncle Reg stayed in so long? It wasnt because he bloody wanted to, but he went down trying to kill him."