Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

A few months later

You had mastered how to do five breathing technique forms already, since you were endlessly training with Muichiro, even in your spare time. He was surprised when you showed him, even if it didn't break his emotionless expression.

He could always see your determination and admired that deep within. He was glad that you were his tsugoku, even though he never admits it and probably won't. Not to mention you're both more comfortable with each other now, it's not common for the mist hashira to like people, but somehow you were different than everyone else.

He watched you swing your fake sword with a narrow gaze, inspecting your every movement in a judgemental manner. You reminded him of himself when he was training to be a demon slayer, considering it only took him 2 months to become a hashira.

You sighed heavily before wiping the drop of sweat that was dripping down your temple. You glanced at Muichiro before walking over to him and sitting beside him, wanting to rest for a while.

At first, Muichiro was very intense with his training, but as time progressed, you had gotten used to his harsh training techniques. You could feel your body withstand intense physical exercises and that your stamina had increased drastically.

You broke the silence with a question,
" May I ask what your story is? You don't have to tell if you aren't comfortable with it,"

He turned his gaze away from the clouds before looking at you with emotionless eyes. He responded,
" I don't remember, "

You felt sympathy towards the guy, knowing that he had probably lost someone dear to him from the way his heart is unknowingly in pain of a lost one. You wanted to help him find out his backstory and to clear the mist in his head.

You thought of going to the building of information, which consisted off every single person's story in a file. In order to do that, you're going to have to confront the goddess of life and death.

You were both silent for a few moments before you stood up to make lunch. He followed you into the kitchen before watching you cook in a fast pace. He couldn't help but notice how elegantly you moved whilst making the food, confirming his suspicion of you being in a rich family.

One you made some sushi and rice balls, you both sat at the table. He exclaimed,
" Final selection will be taking place in two weeks, I trust that you have the capability of surviving,"

You nodded in response with a determined smile,
" I promise I'll do my best! "

He hummed in response before taking another bite of his rice ball. He had to admit, you were a brilliant cook. It felt nice to have someone decent in the estate for once from his perspective.

                    ///////—————///////

That night, you managed to sneak out before using your amulet to return to the etherial world. You placed on a black cloak to hide your Identity before going to your aunties castle, who has everything written down about every mortal out there.

Her castle was large and was located in the mountains. It was the colour of gold and white with a hint of beige. The only way to get in was to go through the guards, which meant that you had no choice but to give them your name.

You walked up to the gate with a sigh before telling the guards you were here to see your Aunt. The gates opened, the sound of metal clanking was quite loud before you walked into the castle.

" What brings you to my palace? I've heard you've been quite the naughty girl,"

You looked to see your Auntie sat on her throne with her legs crossed. Her beautiful, long brown hair was tied into a fishtail plat as her dark purple dress flowed around her.

" I just wanted to go in your room full of files of people in Japan to find someone,"

She narrowed her eyes at you in suspicion before letting you go, only because you were a relative to her. You thanked her before walking through a pair of doors beside her throne, to see there were drawers full of files of information.

You walked over to the small well full of fresh water before placing your hand in,
" Muichiro Tokito,"

The water glowed brightly as drawer opened by itself before a file was pulled out and placed in your lap. You dried your hands with the towel beside you, feeling excited and curious to what his backstory was.

MANGA SPOILERS!!

You opened the file to see that he had a twin brother called Yuichiro. Unfortunately, they were both attacked by demons, leaving Muichiro with a bad memory and Yuichiro being killed.

You thanked your Aunt before travelling back to the human world by using your amulet. A blue glow surrounded you like a wave and the next thing you knew, you were in your bedroom in the mist estate.

You got changed into a kimono that Muichiro got you before tucking yourself in your futon and fell asleep.