D1 - On the Roof With you

Day 1: Friends to Lovers/Mutual Pining/Not Actually Unrequited Love

"Why did Dream have to leave us?" Sapnap asks as he and George are sprawled out on the living room floor with a ton of blankets and pillows. They attempted to make a pillow fort out of their boredom but it didn't seem to work. "Why do you miss him so much?" George turns his head slightly to look at the younger man. "Because you're too boring George." He rolls his eyes.

"No I am not!" George sits up straight, "I can be fun!"

"You really can't."

"Yes I can, Shitnap."

"Then prove it to me. Make me not bored anymore, give us something to do." Sapnap crosses his arms over his chest and smirks.

George thinks for a minute, "Okay, give me like 20 minutes and I'll be back."

"Where are you going? You can't even drive!" He pressures. "Alright, 40 minutes, I can walk."

"Sure you can, lazy ass." George picks up a pillow and throws it at Sapnaps head after that comment.

George walks out of the house with a small, "goodbye" and Sapnap is even more alone. He stands up finally and stretches, cringing at the sound of his joints popping. He grabs at the mess of fabric on the floor and folds them, putting them on the couch. While picking up their mess and taking it to the garbage in the kitchen, Sapnap catches patches in there. "Hi baby girl!" He picks her up and she nuzzles against his chest. He slowly pets her soft fur before placing her down and getting back to work. 

After cleaning, Sapnap sits on the couch and scrolls through Twitter on his phone for a while.

Sometime later he hears the door open and stares at the brunette with a bag in his hand and a case of beers.

"What the fuck did you buy?" Sapnap shuts his phone off and turns more around the couch to see the other male. "Don't ask questions. Do you still have your weed stuff?" He asks seriously.

Sapnaps eyes widen in almost shock. "Uh, yeah I do." He scratches the back of his neck and looks away. "How much of it?" George also asks. "Like half of the thing, I don't know. Why?" It's Sapnap's turn to question.

"Because I figured out what we're gonna do." George smiles brightly, walking over to the kitchen to set the things down. Sapnap stands up and walks over to him. "Which is?" He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, though he has some idea of what it could be. "We're going on the roof and we're gonna get high and drink." He continues smiling, this time with something more dark inside that is barely visible, but Sapnap catches the look. "Alright! That'll make me not bored anymore." He cocks his hip to the side so he's standing more comfortably.

"But how do we get on the roof?" He asks. "We climb. Duh." George deadpans. 

"I'm too heavy to climb." Sapnap frowns. "No you're not! And I was kidding. We can find a way up, trust me." He shoves his friend's arm slightly. "Okay I guess," the younger shrugs, "I'll go grab the stuff." He smiles.

A few minutes later George hears the padding of someone running down stairs. "I'm back!" Sapnap announces, sliding into the kitchen on his socks. "Excited much?" George laughs. "No! I just don't want to be bored anymore. Plus I like drinking." He sets the things onto the counter. If there's anything George has learned from moving in, it's that Sapnap likes to drink. A lot. "Trust me, I know."

"Okay, let's find a way up." They both walk outside with the bag and case. Sapnap looks up at the sky. The sun is setting and it looks beautiful. Not as beautiful as George though. He shakes his head from that thought, but it doesn't work. Why the fuck is he calling his best friend pretty in his head? We get it, he has pretty privilege, but not for Sapnap. It like- never has been.